Pootler's Going-It-Alone Diary

Hey Pootler, can I have the recipe for your 2 syns a slice strawb cheesecake? It sounds yum!

It is yum! It's based on Britmum's recipe.

Mine ended up quite eggy because I think the volumes per tub or pot are different here. I used a different biscuit, and a different margerine so had to work out the syns from scratch. But it was all still very nommy. :)

Today I came to a sad realization. I have about 5 gorgeous size 22 Monsoon skirts that have been waiting patiently in my wardrobe for the last two years. I gave most of my smaller clothes away but couldn't bear to part with these - far too pretty.

I've been trying them on this week. They don't fit. Well there's a month or two's wear left in them at this rate, before they start falling off. Don't know whether to be happy or sad. Then again there are a ton of the things on Ebay so :D.

Unfortunately this doesn't mean I'm a size 22 yet. Monsoon are very generous. And there's no way their size 22 tops would fit me (the gods were too generous). But it looks like I can raid ASDA for new clothes to tide me over later this month when I'm back in Blighty. I'm pretty sure their size 24 will fit now. :)

In other news: working lunch today at a bistro. Their menu isn't particularly SW friendly so I'll just have to pick the least unhealthy thing, then relax and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Tuesday February 8th

Today I had a working lunch. I was prepared. I had a good breakfast. I ate some scan bran cake and fruit and had a big mug of tea before we left. I planned what I would eat - tomato soup, the only suitable thing on the menu. And then when it came to placing my order, I found myself saying 'BLT' instead of soup, and there went 2 days' syns. :-/

Never mind. I didn't eat it all. Stopped when I was full. And maybe those Paul McKenna CD's are working because I finished eating way after everyone else! I didn't allow it to set me off on a binge. I just made sure I was careful the rest of the day AND still had a treat to make sure I wouldn't feel deprived and then binge. I'll try to stay within my weekly syns the rest of the week, including the drinks I'd planned to have at a concert tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. One sarnie isn't going to ruin everything. :)

Oh and there was cake - my two favourite sorts no less - in the cantine at work and I left them alone. Wasn't even that interested to be honest. Nommed my SB cake instead. :)

BREAKFAST
  • vitamins (1)
  • 3 rashers of bacon
  • loads of mushrooms
  • cherry tomatoes
  • 1/3 tin beans
  • tangerine

LUNCH
  • big BLT & chicken sandwich on brown bread with mayo (b)(25?)
  • evil crisps that came with the BLT (7?)
  • small biscuit (2?)

DINNER
  • speedy soup
  • 2 Laughing Cow lights (a)
  • apple quark

EXTRAS
  • 150 ml milk (a)
  • curly wurly (6)

TOTAL SYNS

EXERCISE
None.:-/ None tomorrow either. Grrr....

No worries pootler! You'll soon work off those syns!

No worries pootler! You'll soon work off those syns!

Thanks Jules. I bloomin' hope so. I'm just going to consider it an interesting challenge this week to get through the next two days without going more than a couple of syns over 105, and managing to make up for the exercise I missed yesterday. I'm a big girl. I can take it. :)

So can you almost smell half term yet? ;-)

Went to a concert tonight and I was SO good. I love my beer, but I swapped it tonight for three pints of diet cola. With a measure of Bacardi in each one mind you. They cost me... wait for it..... about 9 euros each. Which is a bit more expensive than Heineken, I can tell you. I should be used to the ridiculous prices here in Holland but coming from 'oop north' where everything costs tuppence (or seems to when you've lived somewhere else for a long time) they still get me. Still, at least I won't have the dreaded Heineken hangover in the morning.

Otherwise, foodwise today was a free and superfree fest. Since I really don't have many syns left. Didn't feel deprived though. How can you when you start your day with an English breakfast? :)

BREAKFAST
  • tangerine
  • 3 rashers of bacon
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tin tomatoes
  • mushrooms
  • vitamins (1)
  • strawberry yoghurt

LUNCH
  • chicken and vegetable curry
  • rice
  • peach quark

DINNER
  • 3 scan bran (B)
  • 3 Laughing Cow lights (A)
  • 3 slices ham
  • speedy soup

EXTRAS
  • 3 x 35ml Bacardi (12)
  • 3 clementines
  • scan bran cake (1.25)
  • 100 ml semi-skimmed milk (a)
  • options (2)

TOTAL SYNS

EXERCISE
None!

Last edited:
Yep, the scent of half term is well and truly wafting under my nostrils! I only have 3 more get ups!

Well done on your dedication to the 9euro drinks.

Also I'm so jealous of your flavoured quarks!

Thursday February 10th

BREAKFAST
  • bacon sarnie - made with 4 small rashers on wholemeal bread (b)
  • tablespoon HP sauce (1)
  • vitamins (1)
  • clementine

LUNCH
  • pasta
  • bolognese
  • peach quark

DINNER
  • speedy soup
  • pasta
  • ham
  • cherry tomatoes
  • 3 lauging cow lights (a)

EXTRAS
  • mini bros (2.5)
  • turkey roll
  • options (2)
  • 5 clementines
  • 100ml milk (a)

TOTAL SYNS

EXERCISE
None - way too tired from being a dirty stop out. And tonight was the late shift at work. And I have a cold. Boo. So I went back to bed this morning instead of on the bike.

Last edited:
Friday February 11th

I now have no sensible coat. I have a size 26 wool coat from Next that I really cannot wear anymore. I've moved the buttons over as far as they will go. I have a size 24/26 leather coat that's fairly warm but now looks like a big old bag on me. I have an adorable size 20 grey wool coat from Next, bought off Ebay, that's about an inch too small. And I have my little black leather jacket. Officially it's a size 24 but it's more of a small 22. I bought it off Ebay a couple of years ago and never got to wear it because it was too small. But that is now the only coat I have that fits me. Big wrap over the top and a hat over my ears, and I can stay thawed just enough to cycle home from the train station. That's all I need really.

Those stupid pants still aren't wearable though. Hmph. Well now they have reinforcements, because I can see that that grey coat is going to be another one of those things that I have to obsessively try on.

Today I was ill. Dunno what it is. Maybe PMT, two late nights in a row, and the sort of lurgy you get when your kid coughs all over you a few times too many. The entire left side of my head feels like someone is poking nails in it. I cooked dinner but could not be bothered to make a proper lunch, or even eat what I managed to throw together. Perked up a bit after my dinner though.

BREAKFAST
  • 2 weetabix (b)
  • milk from allowance
  • vitamins (1)

LUNCH
  • fromage frais
  • 1/3 banana

DINNER
  • spag bol with loads of veggies. The amount of meat that used to do us two portions stretched over 8 portions because of all the carrot, courgette, peppers and mushrooms in the sauce.
  • 100g of supposedly low-cal ice-cream (10.5)

EXTRAS
  • smarties (3.5)
  • grapes
  • 250ml milk (a)

TOTAL SYNS

EXERCISE
None. Again. And I MISS it. Will see how I feel tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Saturday February 12th

Start of week six and it's going to be a fishy week! Will have to be careful because I LOOOOOVE shellfish, but I'm also a bit allergic to it. Oops. :)

It's just for fun. Oh ok, and also to get those stupid pants (and the coat) a bit nearer being wearable. I'm going home to England for a week next Saturday. Mum is the one who gave me her SW books and begged me for about 2 years to try SW. She was thrilled when I told her I had given in, and I want to do my best to lose a bit more before I go home, just to put a smile on her face. First thing we always do when I get there is dump the bags, settle The Small Boffin (my six year old autistic genius) in with Grandad, and then we go to ASDA. I'm looking forward to finally being able to buy clothes at ASDA again. :)

Mum is still doing SW so no food worries next week. :)

BREAKFAST
  • 2 Weetabix (b)
  • milk from allowance
  • vitamins (1)

LUNCH
  • rainbow trout
  • carrots
  • green beans
  • courgette
  • apple quark

DINNER
  • sweet chili prawns from Britmum's site. I got five portions out of it, not 2-3. So no syns I reckon. ;-)
  • St. Clements Chocolate Crunch (5.5)
  • Reduced calorie squirty cream (1.5)

EXTRAS
  • 1 square dark chocolate (1.5)
  • muesli bar (5)
  • 250ml semi-skimmed milk

TOTAL SYNS

EXERCISE
None. Stoopid cold. Tomorrow!

Last edited:
Sunday February 13th

BREAKFAST
  • 2 scan bran (2)
  • 2 Laughing Cow lights (a)
  • banana
  • tangerine

LUNCH
  • sushi
  • stir fried veg
  • 1/4 St Clements Chocolate Crunch (b)(7)

DINNER
  • tomato and vegetable soup
  • quark

EXTRAS
  • 3 tangerines
  • 150 ml semi-skimmed milk (a)
  • 1 tsp cocoa (1)
  • carrots
  • crab sticks
  • chicken roll

TOTAL SYNS

EXERCISE
none

Monday February 14th

BREAKFAST
  • 2 rashers bacon
  • 2 scrambled eggs
  • mushrooms
  • tangerine

LUNCH
  • pasta
  • tuna
  • salad greens
  • red pepper
  • cherry tomatoes
  • free dressing

DINNER
  • mussels
  • SW chips
  • home made coleslaw (1.5)
  • mayo (2.5)

EXTRAS
  • apple
  • 2 tangerines
  • options (2)
  • muesli bar (b)
  • 3 squares dark chocolate (2.5)

TOTAL SYNS

EXERCISE
None

Tuesday February 15th

Guess what I'm wearing today? :))))) Hubby's old G-Star jeans. :))))) AND I can breathe in them and everything.

In other news, as predicted, I made myself ill by eating too many mussels. Totally worth it though and an antihistamine soon sorted me out.

BREAKFAST
  • scan bran chocolate cake (2)(b)
  • low cal squirty cream (1)
  • vitamins (1)
  • tangerine

LUNCH
  • mussels
  • mashed potato
  • salad greens
  • grated carrot
  • free dressing

DINNER
  • rainbow trout
  • sw chips
  • mange tout
  • red pepper
  • julienned carrots
  • scan bran chocolate cake (1)(b)
  • 1 tsp nutella (1.5)
  • reduced calorie mayo (2.5)

EXTRAS
  • scan bran chocolate cake (1)(b)
  • 3 squares 70% chocolate (2.5)
  • hot chocolate made with 250 ml milk (a) and 1 tsp cocoa (1.5)

TOTAL SYNS

EXERCISE
Bike, 40 minutes :D

woo - great news on the G-Stars!
you must be chuffed

woo - great news on the G-Stars!
you must be chuffed

Like you would not believe! :D I can't believe it's been this easy and this fast! Gawd I LOVE LOVE LOVE SW!

Amazing! You must be over the moon.

I am terrible with mussels. I love them! My boyfriend has to tell me off for not being careful enough with the ones that are sort of halfway between closed and open!

Another Wednesday, another concert. But no Bacardi at this venue. And the bar closed during the concert for some reason, so I had a wine before it started, and that was all. I had syns left over and spent them on a choccie muesli bar. I went out straight from work, so I needed quite a bit of planning. Going to get me some more Brasso today to polish my halo, coz I was stood in the kitchen making scan bran cake and stir fried veg at 7 in the morning, so that I could stay on plan all day.

BREAKFAST
  • vitamins (1)
  • scan bran cake (2)
  • tangerine
  • banana

LUNCH
  • stir fried veggies
  • sweet chili prawns and noodles
  • strawberry quark

DINNER
  • 10 pieces sushi - frozen sushi from the Aldi and it was actually not too bad. ;-)
  • 3 tangerines
  • strawberry quark

EXTRAS
  • 250 ml semi-skimmed milk (a)
  • about 200 ml rose wine (6)
  • chocolate muesli bar (6)

TOTAL SYNS

EXERCISE
none

Thursday February 17th

Major breakthrough today: I saw myself sideways in a mirror and nearly jumped out of my skin with surprise: my belly no longer sticks out more than my bazoomas do. ;-)

On the way home from work I realised I had hardly had any syns today and I wasn't in the mood for chocolate. Now, in the pre-SW days, I used to always get something out of the 'automatiek' on Thursday nights. These are evil Dutch contraptions: a wall full of little glass doors, behind which are burgers and a myriad other fried savoury treats. You insert a few coins and out comes a hot, steaming, delicious chunk of artery clogging unhealthiness. My heart-attack snack of choice is a satekroket (satay croquette) which is basically a cylinder of peanut sauce with the possibility of a few scraps of meat inside, dipped in breadcrumbs and deep fried. I could easily eat two in a go. Actually I could probably eat ten at once, but I always stopped after 2. 244 calories. Each.

It was the most amazing satekroket I have ever had. :)

BREAKFAST
  • 3 tangerines
  • 3 rashers bacon
  • 1/3 tin beans
  • mushrooms
  • 1 slice WM bread (b)
  • 5g low-cal spread (0.5)

LUNCH
  • scan bran cake (b)(1)
  • 6 crab sticks
  • cherry tomatoes

DINNER
  • pasta
  • SW bolognese (i.e. stuffed full of veggies)

EXTRAS
  • scan bran cake (b)(1)
  • 2 scan bran (2)
  • 1 laughing cow light (a)
  • cucumber
  • satekroket (12)
  • 200 ml semi-skimmed milk (a)

TOTAL SYNS

EXERCISE
None. Not likely to be much for the next week either. Oh well. I know I'll get back to it after the school hols.

Last edited:
Saturday February 19th

Oh dear. Yesterday didn't go very well. It started with not having time for breakfast and thinking I could wait until I got to my Mum's house. But seeing as I was up at 6 ish and didn't get here until about 6 hours later (well she does live in a whole nother country) that wasn't such a great idea. I had junk food on the plane and then it went downhill from there. :( I wasn't totally out of control, and it could have been much worse, but I wasn't on plan.

Oh well. Onwards and downwards. :) I had a LOT of fun shopping. A carrier bag full of alpen lights, and another full of SF jelly and hot chocolate. And that's just for starters. :)

DURING THE FLIGHT
  • about 8 mini cheese biscuits (penny sized)
  • 1 shortbread biscuit
  • coffee with creamer and sugar

LUNCH
  • 2 sausage sandwiches (4 slices of bread)
  • brown sauce

SNACKS
  • flump
  • curly wurly
  • alpen light
  • 2 oranges

DINNER
  • chicken
  • SW roasties
  • mashed potato
  • carrots
  • sprouts
  • cauliflower
  • turnip
  • gravy
  • 1/2 WW whipped pudding with milk from allowance
  • quark with cocoa and sweetener
  • 1/2 banana

Still here....

Slowly getting back on the wagon after a couple of days off. On plan today but eating portions that are too big.

I'll get there....

Back