*pops head around door* "Hello? I'm new, can i join the fun?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Debsie_websie, 13 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Debsie_websie

Debsie_websie Loads to lose!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hi all you lovely slimmers.
    I just found this site and love it so I was hoping to be part of it all!
    I'm in my late 30's and have 10 stone to lose...and that's the first time I've said that... I can't understand how I got here and didn't deal with this earlier in my life.
    Anyway, I joined SW 2 weeks ago and my first week's loss was 4 pounds. I really want to match that again this week. I've been pretty good on the plan but have a history of being super enthusiastic to start off with and then losing motivation. I think being able to log on to this forum might help with that, so can I join the party?
    Hope to speak to you soon and have a great week everybody.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kankles

Kankles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hi debsie! Of course, come join us everyones welcome! Plenty of us mad ones on here so if you ever need a pick me up, just log in and here we'll be!

Well done on your 4lb loss that's great going.

The trick for me was I had to seriously get into the zone and genuinely want to shift the weight. For 18 months I kept saying those famous words "I'll start my diet Monday" but guess what, Monday came and went and so did my intention to start.

But then I started slimming world in jan with good intentions but what the catalyst for me was a colleague saying to me (after I'd been doing it for 3 weeks) "you're doing great on your diet, I hope you keep it up, summers round the corner and it'll be good to see you not hiding behind those cardigans anymore". Sounds silly I know but it made me realise my god you're right, I do use my clothes to hide behind, so that was kind of the kick I needed and the realisation that I don't want to hide behind anything anymore!

I hope you can keep it up! I've lost a stone now and I am loving SW!

Well done again! X
  4. lizzielipps

lizzielipps Back to basics!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    Hi hunny!! well done with your loss last week!! feels great to lose a nice amount on your first week!! Your post rings so many bell's with me!! start monday / keen at first but soon board!! But with slimming world you can eat so much and the weight just seems to roll off!! A first for me i can tell you, and because your not starved it's so much easier to stick to!! i'm only 4 month in and rely feel so much better! good luck for your journey the sight is amazing and rely helpful! Loads of great advice and recipes!!
  5. mrs a

mrs a fat,frumpy,fed up

Goal Weight:
    zenical/low fat/1200 calories
    i just joined the site last week and gotta say there are some lovely folks on here - all with the same problem as you and i ;)

i'm the same as you - go great guns for a few weeks and then fall off my perch. :eek:

have a look around the site and get some inspiration hun.
    i hope that you are able to lose your weight nice and steady.
    i'm a bit lost with the site but will try and catch up with you and see how you are going . :D
  6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Congratulations on your loss. Have you started a diary thread in the SW section?

Irene xx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.