*pops head in*

Mets

Gold Member
Hi all :)

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi to you all. You may remember me from following SF last year but then I went AWOL around May time (sorry about that, I should have at least said goodbye) It's been a mega busy year for me, including a sad one with my Nan and Uncle dying within a few months of each other. I'm currently living in temp accommodation, while me and the boyf wait to transfer up north. It's really stressful and I feel all over the place. I've had some family issues too, which is way to much to in to but it's been really upsetting.

As for ww I've been up and down the same free pounds still... But At the end of Nov I was 1lb off goal! I then moved house and I couldn't weigh myself (scales are all over the place due to not being on a sturdy floor). So due to this, I fell off the wagon and I'm probably about 8lbs up! ? my trousers that were hanging off me are now tight! I hope it's bloating and just a few pounds gain but going to go to Boots next Tuesday and WI there and start a fresh. So annoyed with myself but it is what it is. I know I can get to goal (so bloody close!) so I determined to get back there.

I'm following the PP plan for now as I don't feel in control to do SF at the minute. Anyway, just thought I'd say hi :) I had been reading your posts still, I just couldn't face posting - I'm sorry :( I see that the board is fairly quiet at the moment but I'm sure that will pick up in the next few weeks

Hello! I've not been here too long but I saw your post. 8lbs doesn't sound like a huge gain since May. It is crazy how something as little as not having scales can swing things the wrong way. I am sure you will get back on track. It sounds like a tough year for you!

Hiya! I meant an 8lb gain since beginning of Dec!! But I don't know that for sure, only going by my friends scales and of course, they could be out. We'll see what Tuesdays WI will say :) x

Well Januarys are great for new starts. Its like a clean sheet. Do you have a diary on here?

Exactly! :) and I'm not *too* worried about a gain as I know I can get it back off again in a few weeks. I have only one evening out planned but think I will drive. I'm going to take each weekend at a time, but I really want to lay of alcohol. Mainly because I've drank so much over the last 4 weeks (I'm not a lush, honest!) and also, it's a huge depressant for me. I end up feeling so down and tearful for a couple of days after a night out and it's just not worth it. For now anyway! ?

I used to have a diary on this section but I wont be following SF for a while. When I do again (as I really enjoyed it) I'll start a new one x

Mets!! I've often wondered how you were doing since May. Great to hear from you but sorry to hear that things have been tough.

It sounds like you have done really really well to get so close to goal with everything you have had going on this year and I am sure you'll make good inroads into the gain over the next couple of weeks.

So a move up north? Is that been something you have been planning for a while? Whereabouts are you heading (I don't need specific details I promise!). How did the change of role with the police work? I think when we last heard from you you had just finished all your training and were just going out on the beat.

Hiya!! So glad you popped by to say hello :)

I can't believe I got soooo close to goal and then messed up but hey ho! I'll get there again - I know I can do it, which is enough motivation for me.

So the boyf and I are moving to Sheffield. He's originally from there and is transferring as a PC and I've got a job in South Yorkshire Police control room taking the 999 calls. Very nervous about it as its so different to what I do in the police now but also excited. We are currently waiting for my start date (he has his in 6 weeks) but we've hit a stumbling block. I can't go too much into it, but it's basically a complaint made against him which is being re-opened. Only going that out today, so back to a stressful time again as South Yorks might not let him transfer whilst it's being looked into. Hopefully we'll know in the next week or so if it's going to be ok... I really hope so. He was so happy to finally being given a date (we've been waiting since June last year) and now he's nervous understandably. The whole process hasn't been the most smooth running and we're having to live in temp accommodation before we move, but now this could be for a longer amount of time than expected. We share with another officer - who is lovely! - but it's not home you know.

I'm still a special constable :) I've not done as many hours as i'd like but on the whole, I've really been enjoying it. I hope to transfer as a special to SYP.

How are things with you? I've been reading your thread and you've been making some yummy food! But I read that you've not really lost much weight and are thinking of maybe trying out the JUDDD? I've read a lot about that and I think it could work. My issue would be at work, which is where I tend to want to eat to distract myself from actually working!

Hey hey Mets lovely to see you back, if only for a visit!
Well done on getting so close to goal and don't worry about the 8lbs, that's nowt and as you say will be gone in a matter of weeks!
How are you finding it up north? Although to me Sheffield is actually down south!
I'm not doing the sf thing for a while yet, I've gained a stone in the last 1/2 of the year, lost a bit and have gained more in the last fortnight, so I think pp is the way forward for me til I get to grips with it.
Great to hear from you. All the best for 2013!

Hey hey Mets lovely to see you back, if only for a visit!
Well done on getting so close to goal and don't worry about the 8lbs, that's nowt and as you say will be gone in a matter of weeks!
How are you finding it up north? Although to me Sheffield is actually down south!
I'm not doing the sf thing for a while yet, I've gained a stone in the last 1/2 of the year, lost a bit and have gained more in the last fortnight, so I think pp is the way forward for me til I get to grips with it.
Great to hear from you. All the best for 2013!

Hi Becks! :)

I had been following your thread (seems quite stalker-ish when you didn't know I was!) and seen the struggles you've had. The main thing is, you keep trying. That's all we can do. I try not to compare myself to others, but I look at friends that have been at goal for months - a year even! - and I'm sooo envious! But when these thoughts hit me, I try and suppress them and tell myself that this is MY journey (so corny!) and it takes as long as it takes. I just have to keep dusting myself down and try again.

I'm not in Sheffield yet, still down south (Buckinghamshire south!). The boyf has a start date at the end of Feb - for now - and I'm still waiting to hear about mine. It's so frustrating not even having an idea about one, but I can't do anything about that, apart from chasing them up! So at the moment, I don't realistically know when I'll be moving there.

Although I'm only popping in and not following SF, I'll still hang around and try and support you guys :) x

Grrrr, it must be so frustrating about the complaint holding things up and being in limbo. Hope it resolves soon.

My weight loss has been pretty pants, yes, despite generally being on plan 99% of the time. JUDDD is still a future consideration but think I need to get back in diet mode after christmas first and am back on good old simply filling, and so far so good. I think its actually the at home times that I would struggle with most. There is always loads of treats, biscuits and chocolates at work and they don't tend to tempt me at all usually. Its the contents of my house that is the problem. And its not necessarily the treat stuff, its being only a couple of seconds from a slice of bread or a slice of cheese that I struggle with most. We shall see. I think I am probably a good few weeks away from feeling like I manage on 500 calories!

Yep, mega frustrating! But I can't do anything about it but wait... And try not to raid the biscuit tin!

Getting the diet head on is a good idea. It's hard to get back in the mindset of healthy eating at the moment. I'm sure finding it difficult. I've been allowing myself 29pp a day as the extra 3pp seem to make me feel better! Next week I'll drop back to 26pp.

Once you've for the diet under control, I defo think JUDDD is worth trying. Even for a week. It's something i'd do... Just can't face 500cals right now!!!

Just jumping in...what is JUDDD and what does it stand for?
I have a feeling it is a calorie diet were you mix up the days. Like the weight watchers wendie plan.

So I had done a sneaky WI on Friday at Boots because I *needed* to know before the weekend to keep me on the straight and narrow. So Friday I was 10st 4lbs and today which is my official WI and I'm 10st 3lbs. I of course will be a bit heavier as it was lunchtime and I was full clothed where as my previous WIs I was naked and I did it straight after a wee and before food/drink. So I'm going to guess that I'd be about 2lbs heavier.

Assuming this, I've put on 7lbs since 21st November. First goal is to get into the 9s again ASAP (I'm so gutted I'm back in the 10s after being in the 9s for a while) and then to lose he full 7lbs. I'll then reasses.

One thing I will say, I've never felt so bloated/fat since starting WW. My clothes are so tight and it feels awful. I was feeling so good about myself before so that's motivating me to get back there. I Literally feel like I'm waddling along the road! Which of course is nonsense - but this gain has really made me feel horrible. Probably because it's the first big and real gain I've had.

Anyway, new week starts and I hope to lose next week :). I've got another 10k this year (said I wouldn't do another one after last year!) so lots of running for me. I managed 4.27km last night without stopping. I was really worried about doing it, as I hadn't exercised since I had an asthma attack last year. But I was fine :) and really quite enjoyed it x

That is fantastic about the running. I tried running but I can't seem to push past 7k. I'm not sure if its because I get bored or it is because I just can't push past that phase.

The weight gain isn't too bad for 2 months especially over Christmas and new year. It will be off in no time. When you get your own scales back you may weigh less. It's surprising how much clothes and eaten food weigh. But I always think it is best to draw a line and start a fresh.
Mow many pp do you get each day?

I also think its funny how 9stone 13 feels a lot better than 10stone. It is psychological.

It's defintley pyscological - I know i'll feel tons better when I get to that! Amd when my trousers loosen up.
Im on between 26pp and 29pp a day. Like today I've planned my meals out and it takes me to 26pp but sometimes I like the extra couple of points. I still lose the same on both so it makes no difference really. 3pp isn't a lot, but sometimes it feels like it is and I can be a little more indulgent! ;-)

Perhaps boredom is the reason why you can't push passed 7k? I know if I go the same route all the time I get bored. It's quite nice around where i live because I do know my way around, so just running to see where it takes me! Thats what I pln to do tonight and increase the distance a little :)

Mets, know exactly how you feel. Been in the 11's since August and it's horrid. Today getting ready for work was hard cos of clothes being tight (and a lot of my work clothes are my old nice clothes that I shrunk out of)! Back to meeting tonight and intend to make a proper bash at this! I've got a lot going on at the minute but it's important that I make that extra effort for myself! Hope your first day back on plan went well. I'll be joining you tomorrow. X

It's horrible isn't it? I threw out my size 12 trouser because I was always using them as a back up for when I felt more bloated/fat. So now my 10s are more snug where as at the end of November, they were starting to hang off me! I'm desperate to get that back. I'm literally sick to the teeth of weighing between 10st 5lbs and 9st11!!! I managed to get passed that and now I'm back to the exact same weight as I was 3 months ago. Grrrrr!

Anyway, we'll get there Becks :) I'm like you and all over the place right now with so much going on, but the way I look at it, if I don't do anything now, it'll be summer before we know it and we'll STILL be where we are. Being like this makes me unhappy and at the moment, my weight is the only thing I'm in control of, so I'm focused on that right now.

Just been for another run. Did 5.42k :) further than Monday but it was hard as my legs were aching from Modays run. The temperature has dropped here and it's really quite chilly, so I was worried about my chest and asthma but it held off :)

Quick question - when calculating activity points, would you count a run as a "high" intensity workout? I wouldn't be able to hold a conversation whilst running, so I always thought if you couldn't talk, then it's high intensity...

And good luck with WI :) I hope the scales are kind to you. xxx

Well done on the run! I would definitely count a run as high intensity exercise. If running isn't then I haven't got a clue what would be!

I can't really empathise with the losing and regaining as its something that hasn't really happened to me, bar the odd 2lbs with christmas or a holiday, but I find it really inspiration that both of you always get back on it with the same motivation and determination as before. Nothing wrong with the scenic route at all. Better views and all ;)

Back