Pork and sage burgers (180 calories each)

Caz

Repeat Offender
Serves 4
Takes 10 minutes to prep, 15 to cook.

400g minced pork
2 tsps vegetable stock powder
2 eating apples, grated
1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
1 red onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
black pepper, to taste

1. Preheat the grill to high, I use my george forman grill for these kinds of things
2. Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix up well, add black pepper to your tastes.
3. Divide into 4 servings and mould into burger shapes
4. Cook on the grill for 10-15 minutes. If you're using a normal grill, not george foreman type, you need to turn them regularly
5. You know they're cooked when you stick in a knife and it comes out clean so then eat and enjoy!

Just made these, so good! The apple makes it a bit wet so I'd give it a bit of a squeeze before you mould it into burger shape. I halved all the ingredients so that it would make two but I found that it made three decent sized burgers. Putting it all in MFP, at their amounts it's 224 cals per burger, I'm assuming they used lower cal mince than Idid but if you make 6 rather than 4, it's 149 calories a burger and well worth every single calorie! Here's a picture with my homemade sweet potato chips and salad that I had for dinner tonight:

401366_521180570656_285500096_554712_99338085_n.jpg

hi, im just away to make ur burgers, what pork mince did u get? i got the one from tescos, and its making my burgers more calories, 250cals

I got be good to yourself pork mince from sainsburys

Back