Pork & Beef

coffeelover

Gold Member
Hello Dukan experts. Just thinking of starting Dukan this week and have about 25 lbs to shift. I'm buying the book tomorrow, but have a question.

I understand I can have beef but not pork. I don't eat beef at all and love pork. Both the pork fillet and pork mince at tesco (extra lean) have very similar fat per 100 gram. The pork mince is 5.9 per 125 grams cooked and the extra lean steak mince has 5.6 per 125 grams cooked. The pork fillet medallions is a bit lower than a fillet steak at under 5 grams per 155 grams of pork fillet.

I guess I'll stay way from both as the attack is only 5 days and can live without both for that time, but just curious as to why lean pork isn't allowed but according to the book can have lean bacon? Just a bit confused.

Thanks for any help you can give me with this.

Hi, I'm not 100% sure but I think it's because of the salt content, salt can make people retain water. Hope this helps (and hope I'm right!)

Thanks Kellmo that makes sense. My attack is only 3 days so will avoid pork and beef. I feel like I should be doing 5 days of attack though, 3 seems really low?

Going to start Thursday and looking forward to it.

No - stick to what dukan website says. He's not been wrong yet, and you haven't got much to lose x 3 will be fine x

I've got about 20-25lbs to lose. Will take yours and the good doctor advise. Going to buy the book tomorrow. Guess I'm so used to Atkins induction type level. Thanks for info Kellmo x

If you don't like beef try turkey mince - it's lovely and not too badly priced - I practically live on it!! :) good luck xx

How's Dukan going Val? I have seen the book in The Works shop very cheap. I had a look but seemed a bit too complicated for me to follow, will be watching your diary with interest

How's Dukan going Val? I have seen the book in The Works shop very cheap. I had a look but seemed a bit too complicated for me to follow, will be watching your diary with interest

Dukan isn't complicated. - it's one of the easiest diets I've done - I admit the book does look pretty daunting - there's another book called Dukan Life Plan that's a lot more simplified and much more reader friendly - best diet in the world this give it a go :) xx

Back