Porridge and Bars?

fatandfedup

hi all just wondered what week can you have porridge and the bars and what are your opinions on them?are they nice

I've had porridge from week one! My CDC advises waiting until week 3 for the bars.

I love the porridge, it feels like proper porridge!

It's week 3 for the bars and personally, I really like them although they can slow losses down so need to be careful.

I 'think' you can have porridge from week 1 but personally can't stomach it so not too sure.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly who knows more!

Last edited:
Porridge you can have from the start - i love apple and cinnamon - not keen on original (tastes salty to me)
The bars you can have from week 3, they are gorge - I love them all! lol But you will have to increase your water by 1/2 litre when you have bars.
Enjoy :)
Hugs x x x

ok...so this is my second time round but im having everything from day one which is tomorrow...my theory .....you will still be eating alot bloddy less than you have been so is an extra 50 cals gonna make a huge difference???? the bars feel like a treat i love them and am willing to sacrifice maybe that 1lb that i may have lost by not eating them with the feeling of having a bar of choc....god what waffle but i know what i mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bars are convenient for on the run but they can make you a bit windy! I like the peanut one as it isn't too sweet - the others taste pretty revoltingly synthetic to me. Porridge....I may be in a minorty, but it is officially rank. Normal porridge is like wallpaper paste - utterly revolting. If I wanted gruel I'd move to dickensian orphanage. Apple and cinnamon has never been anywhere near an apple or a stick of cinnamon to my mind, it is massively over-sweetened, utterly synthetic, and completely and utterly vile. Just my humble opinion, of course.

I tried the bars last week when I was at cdc's and I have to say I had to leave them there. Why? cos they were bloody gorgeous. I don't know if ssing for 14 weeks had anything to do with it but they tasted great and I knew I would want to eat them all the time instead of my shakes wich is a no no as you can only have 1 a day.

Bars are convenient for on the run but they can make you a bit windy! I like the peanut one as it isn't too sweet - the others taste pretty revoltingly synthetic to me. Porridge....I may be in a minorty, but it is officially rank. Normal porridge is like wallpaper paste - utterly revolting. If I wanted gruel I'd move to dickensian orphanage. Apple and cinnamon has never been anywhere near an apple or a stick of cinnamon to my mind, it is massively over-sweetened, utterly synthetic, and completely and utterly vile. Just my humble opinion, of course.

I second what LizS says about porridge.

I have never had the porridge its not my thing..
but been having the bars since week 3 and love them.. i have about 5 a week and have always had steady losses.... who knows I may have had a bigger loss if I didnt have them.. but have always lost..

My favourite ones are the peanut.. like the choc and choc orange too. its good to have something to chew if your doing ss.......

Cant wait to pick up some more from my cdc tomorrow as run out of them for this week.......... x

i only like the malt toffee ones.....im not tempted to eat them all the time...think you have to think like i do ...they are a daily treat..i have always ss+ , im sorry but i actually quite like the porridge ....not sure the taste is any good but i feel like im eating real food with it....so porridge for brekkie, half a soup which makes a full cup, half a shake made into mousse for lunch a light meal at tea time and a bar for pudding!!!!!!!!!give it ago!!! i have never just done ss it would kill me and i lost 3 stone in 10 weeks last year !!

Sorry, i may have been a bit strident there!

Random thought. I misread the post above and thought you had made soup into a mousse. What would that be like, I wonder?!

hate the porridge myself but my cdc says its one of her biggest sellers. I love love love the bars.. I am addicted to the peanut one at the minute. Its strange because when I had it the first time round they were really hard like teeth breaking hard .. think they must of changed the formula or something!
My current cdc followed 'the rules' and I had them from week 3. However first time round my old cdc said I could have them from week 2. Either way I didn't slow my weight loss.
Lou

you can have the porridge from the begining and my cdc let me have bars from week 2 (its nice to chew!)

I've just finished my third week and have decided just to have 1 bar per week; that way, it's like a treat and should hopefully not affect my weight loss x

Personally I can't do the porridge.

Bars I love the peanut and cranberry ones, they're lower in carbs. I can't stand the texture of the other bars :0(

i think im in a minority but i tried the bars and hated them with a passion i couldnt even finish them the chocolate one just tasted salty to me and the orange i cant even describe im quite happy to just have ready made tetras all week every week so im not going to attempt trying the other stuff again so im even a fussy eater on cd :D

I'm planning on trying the porridge and the bars when my cdc comes back off holiday, I'm seeing her on 3 August and we are going to visit family on 6th for 5 days so in addition to carting round my daily water, my blender, my soup mug, my small measuring jug, my 'special' whisk lol etc, I can have 'food on the go' with the bars.

Is the porridge anything like oats so simple? I've heard people describe it as synthetic and over sweet etc but I rather like it so maybe I will like the porridge? To be honest, I am feeling the need to chew more than I thought I would!

yea thats how i feel just to be able to chew anything would be good

i didn't have bars until about week 20 last time but that was through personal choice. when i started having them, the slippery slope began!!!

this time i will have one on weigh in day as a treat and that's it! love the cranberry one and the orange one.

i love the apple and cinnamon porridge. the first time i tried porridge i hated it but then tried it again and loved it. persevere with it because you may grow to like it! x

Back