Porridge and pasta taste

ali2866

Hello Everyone,
I have been on Exante for a week now and lost 7 lbs :D I was just wondering if anyone could let me know what the pasta and porridge taste like and how much is in a portion as would like a bit more variety.

thanks

Hey I bought the winter warmer set and I'd def recommend the porridge but the pasta is horrible! I'm debating mixing it with some chilli and maybe some cauliflower or broccoli to be able to eat it!

The pasta is nice tastes no different to a normal carbonara, the porridge is edible I wouldn't say I was nice but its not unpleasant. It's like really watered down porridge, is nice to have something warm

I don't find the porridge tastes watered down at all, I find it really thick and creamy. It makes a decent portion as well, it's not gone in two bites.
i really like the pasta too but I do think the portion is quite small (husband always shakes his head at me while I scrape the bowl) I'd still prefer it to a shake or soup any day

I had the porridge this morning & used 150mls of water so it was quite thick, I may try it with 200mls tomorrow as I didnt really enjoy it much! Ive yet to have the pasta but I am going to add some chilli powder on top of it & see how that goes!

Thanks for your replies, I ordered the packs and I must say I like both of them. With the pasta I sieve the pasta out of the powder and cook that in a saucepan first so that it swells and then add the powder and cook for a couple more minutes. This makes it last a bit longer.

I've been tempted to try doing it like that but I was worried I'd lose half the powder in the process, it works ok does it?

I add 225 mls and cook on the hob and have like a creamy soup.

The pasta is a little salty but is ok.
The porridge is pretty sweet but edible.

It all depends on your tastebuds I suppose. I make mine in a plastic jug in the microwave, no chance of boiling over that way. I also find they both take much longer to cook that it says on the packet.

I've been tempted to try doing it like that but I was worried I'd lose half the powder in the process, it works ok does it?
Yes it works very well, after the first time I tried cooking it in the microwave the pasta didn't really cook right through and the sauce was far too concentrated, I tried cooking it this way and not only does it seem to make more it's much more palatable.

Back