'porridge' - how to make?

Kippaxmum

Back on the wagon
Hi Girls,

I have got some pysillium (sp) husks the other day (125g to try) and wanted to make a porridge for my tea.

How much water do I put in and how much husk to make a decent thickness?

I want to have this before I go to the gym for my review - will it be ok???

Thanks girls

Donna
xx

i had it this morning i had it with the 250 ml one tabespoon or two tea spoons, it tasted so dirrty omygosh thick gloopy it looked like sh*t tbh, but i had it with chocolate orange and had to gulp it in the end
enjoy!

i make mine with 200 ml warm/hot water and 2 smallish teaspoons of husk .could use more husks but i like 2 bowls a day and you are only allowed 10g ( you may want to check this)of husks a day .i only make it with vanilla really nice or chocolate or strawberry .i love it but found i had to have a few spoons of it before i really made my mind up .i now go to work every day with a warm fully feeling then have a second one for tea .the measurments are changeable but donot have too much of the husks .i think i am still happy and not cheating because of this porridge xxx

have to admit i havent got the right yet eaither
i always end up with a dish of what can only be descibed as SLIME

Where can I buy pysillium husks?

you can get them from some health food shops i get mine from ebay .get a small amount to see if you like them if you wish to reorder some look in peeps ebay shops for larger amounts it works out cheaper than my local supplier. try goggle them see if you have a local supplier

Thanks Mandye. I'm down to the health food shop tomorrow.

Thanks all,
I made the 'porrige' this morning with 8oz of water and 2 dessert spoons of husks (level) and a vanilla pack. It was really really nice!!! Looked just like the ready brek i was giving my lo! lol
Deffo having that again. Will see soon what effect the pysillium has ;-)
Donna
xx

Hi Donna...the banana and the chocolate shake mixed with the husks are rather nice too!

Back