Porridge instead of shake?

Loser85

Gold Member
Due to this cold weather im very tempted to swap my brekkie shake for porridge which will have near enough the same calories as my shake. (230 cals) Would this be ok? Just am freezing in the mornings and needing a heat lift. (warm shakes and drinks just dont do the trick) Will still be having shake for lunch, snacks and evening meal. Let me know if this is ok or do i just have to grin and bear it? Thanks in advance!

I think the only downside to doing this to what I can see is the porridge won't have all the minerals etc in that the shake does. But as long as your meal in the evening is well balanced I can't see it being a problem. I met my partner for lunch the other day so I had a carrot soup, made with out dairy (so i knew it was low fat) I had this instead of my shake.

At the end of the day I class slimfast as a easy way of calorie counting and therefore if you stick to the calorie intake and keep low fat then I would assume it would be ok.

Yeah its pretty much the same calorie wise. Im having lower calorie snack in morning to compensate just in case. Also balanced meal for me is essential. If not i get hungry and crave stuff. Thats not a good thing!

Back