Porridge oats

Jay Goddard

Strange question perhaps but i do like porridge sometimes would prefer it like ready brek rather than the oats! If I blend the oats down so they are more powdery Are they still syn free as a healthy extra B?!
Thank you x

I've had a quick search on Google and found the following quote from pinchofnom, which seems to have been from August 2016 so is up to date:-

"Facebook has been rife with the debate as to whether oats that have been ground down, are synned or still carry their free food status. So in our quest to bring you the most correct information we can, I rang the Syns Hotline and spoke to Slimming World Head Office. Might as well hear it straight from the horses mouth, right? It's not a tweak! I was told that you do not need to syn the ground oats, as blitzing them does not alter the nutritional value. As you are using them as you’re HEB the amount you can eat is restricted so there’s very little chance of you over eating them. That sounds reasonable enough!"

So it looks like you're ok with grinding your oats down :) Would you be able to let me know how they taste? I really like the Ready Brek style porridge too but it never occurred to me to try grinding the oats.

BLEND ALL YOUR OATS!!!
blended my whole carton!!!! Loads better than whole oats! Seems to make a bigger portion some how as well! 10/10 Grunka!

Reactions: Hoz
Back