Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by willitracey, 18 February 2007.

1. willitracey

willitracey Member

Can anyone on here please tell me how to make the porridge recipe mentioned and what I need to buy and where from???? I have just returned to CD after quite a long absence a reading about your wonderful porridge is making me dribble. Heeelllppp please.

2. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Anne-Marie

Got this from Debbie (Russian Doll)
    Take 300ml of VERY hot water (but not boiling).
    >Add a CD pack (toffee & walnut and vanilla both work really well)
    >Mix it up with a blender as per usual.
    >Pour into a bowl and then sprinkle about 2 dessertspoons of PH on top.
    >Stir briskly with either a fork or a balloon whisk.
    >At first, it'll go lumpy (and you'll think 'Oh crap!!') but keep stirring / whisking until it starts to go smooth and thicken.
    >I like to sprinkle a little cinnamon on top of mine to give it a really 'wintery' taste!

And that's all there is to it!

Don't expect 'Scott Porrige Oats' - the consistancy will be more like semolina but very acceptable when you've got nothing else!

I don't add as much psyllium husks though - I found it too thick and goey. I add 2 teaspoons and mix in with a fork. It's quite runny but you can eat with a spoon and it's really filling.

You really need to experiment to get the consistency you like - add slowly and you won't waste a pack. Some people have a half pack!
    Do you now where to get the husks / Cheapest is on the internet - Healthspan I think
  3. willitracey

willitracey Member

Thanks Anne Marie, I can't wait to try it just waiting for the husks to arrive, I ordered them on the internet yesterday.

4. Lilypad

Lilypad Well-Known Member

I made mine with 200mls of hot water, and it was a seriously good porridge, being thicker, it didn't go slimy.
  5. Redpam

Redpam Living the Life

Thanks for the recipe. My PH arrived yesterday and I had lovely vanilla porridge this morning. Its very filling. I think I will try toffee and walnut tomorrow
  6. sim94

sim94 Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Mine arrive yesterday also :) .

I used a chocolate shake. 1st one was a mess and tried again. Tasted better than it looked brown (Phlem), sorry. Putting that aside, it was very filling and I'll definately make it again.

7. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

i had my first porridge yesterday as well and it was lovely. i used toffee & walnut and it was devine! i really struggled to finish it (which is so so unlike me!) will be having it daily as my evening meal me thinks!

i know plenty of people say u shouldnt be enjoying the packs or making them like real food as it is our time to reflect on our over-eating etc. thats true...to a point. i do kinda look at it like a medicine.

however, I am using my time to reflect on why i shovel so much crisps/nuts/take aways and other crap into my system. i think we can be forgiven a bowl of 100kcal porridge :eek:

i for one would not be able to do this diet if i couldnt adapt it a little. i feel much more confident to carry on now that i know i can have something like porridge :D before that it was only the truffles i had to keep me going (which are also fab).