Porridge without microwave?

PinkyButtonz

Is it possible to make the porridge without a microwave?

Thanks for the repy

Sorry couldn't be better news - I think someone tried it, but it either didn't work very well, or were told that cooking it in a method other than that on the packet meant loss of nutrients :(

Hi

You can put the porridge in a bowl then put the bowl in a pan of hot water as long as you are not putting direct heat onto the porridge it will be okay.

Hi

You can put the porridge in a bowl then put the bowl in a pan of hot water as long as you are not putting direct heat onto the porridge it will be okay.

Thanks I'll give it a try.

Ahhhh so is the porridge ready made? I never asked my CDC as I just had it in my head it would be a sachet that I had to mix with water and that put me off trying it --- might give it a go next week.

It is a sachet you mix with water and pop into the microwave. I love it. Especially in this weather. It's the only thing am having.

Thanks Sylvie --- I can never make real porridge without it being lumpy as anything, will still give this a go though.

Funny thing with CD porridge is I make mine lumpy so it feels more like real food. It's just a psychological thing.

I dont have a microwave and didnt know you could lose nutrients cooking it ala pan. Will pay attention next time - thanks for that :)

Back