Porridge..... Yuk!!!!

Shall I wizz it with my wizzer, or what, will wizzing it take the lumps out that should be there, and how do I know which lumps should and shouldnt be there?
Dont know if should have porridge or a shake for breaky.
Decisions Decisions lol
Lynne x

I love porridge anyway, and with the mixed reviews on this forum was a bit apprehansive about trying it, however my CDC suggested that I used hot water (not boiling) to mix it, then put it in the micro for 1 minute, or more if required.

I did this, plus I also used about 300mls of water so the porridge was more like a soup consistency. It took ages to eat and was lovely. I have been sprinkling cinnimon on top, but it tastes ok without too.

The 'bits' don't bother me at all.

I have been having the porridge in the evening because it takes so long to eat, and I just down a tetra in the morning!

I froze the new strawberry flavour last night and am waiting for it to defrost a bit before having ice-cream for breakfast today.

Regards to all,

AJ

Hi Wizzibang, you dont need to whizz it, just mix it with the hot water, the microwave cooking will take out all but the lumps that should be there, just give it a really good stir.
xx

I'm dithering about the porridge, but lumpy and also a bit salty. Think will need to try another couple of times to make my mind up.

I tried the porridge for the first time this morning. I added two sweetners to the water first.

I liked it but it was a bit lumpy and I couldn't tell if the lumps were suppose to be there or were lumps of powder?

Yes Debz is wonderful, could not have asked for a better CDC.

I had not visited this topic since I left so when the postmas arrived with mail I had no idea what it could be. I opened it and it was porridge!! I was so happy, I think I recieved it, made it and finished it within 5 mins!!!

Really liked it!

thanx hun :eek::eek: I try my best......

ur doin great !!!

Debz xxx

I think the 'lumps' are little bits of oats. I've had two porridges today:D:D. Anything to stop me eating the left over, heavenly smelling, sausage casserole I'd cooked for everyone:sigh:.

AJ

:jelous: eurgh - not a fan of the porridge. Just thought I add my 2 pennies worth. It's only that I am disgruntled that my CDC is away until Thurs and I got a day too little supplies as it is, so going to be a hungry girl by the time I see her thurs. Plus I have to force feed 2 packets of this... this... this... stuff in.... ergggghhh.

Back