Porridge

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by LizS, 18 June 2009 Social URL.

1. LizS

LizS Shut up Ethel

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Bleugh. Ick. Yuk.

It's HORRIBLE!! I saw a few comments here about how people liked it, so thought I'd try it this morning. Well what can I say- I'm so glad I only got 2 packs off my C, and I've already sent her an email asking if I can swap one and buy another (to replace the one I've refused to eat this morning!)

Each to their own and all that and glad that some people like it and have a bit extra variety - but I think its choccy milkshake all the way for me. Again.

Shame - I wanted to like it, but .....didn't!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Wannabeelovely

Wannabeelovely Silver Member

Oh Lordy! I totally agree with you LizS!!! I was persuaded by my CDC to buy 7 packs in my first week and I spent everyday retching over them. I wouldnt eat that wallpaper paste again if it meant I got to my target in one fell swoop!!! My standards are low - but not that low!!!! xxx

4. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    LOL-I loooove the porridge...why don't you try putting a teaspoon of shake flavour in?I love the choc orange in the porridge :)

5. LizS

LizS Shut up Ethel

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Glad someone agrees Wannabeelovely! PolishRose - nice idea, but I'll not bother...it reminded me of gruel, and last time I looked I wasn't living in a Dickensian orphanage!

I don't mind that I don't like it - I kind of knew that I only really like choc shake and some of the bars, its ok.

funny there's so much of it I don't like, but I don't like very sweet things or mixed flavours so choc/orange and things like that are out for me. I will tolerate choc/mint, but only if I have it hot made up with half a mug of mint tea and half a mug of hot water! other than that, choc all the way.

6. emmapetty

emmapetty Going for Goal!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    It's funny, i heave over the 'original' porridge, but absolutely LOVE apple and cinnamon.

I like your idea od adding a scoop of choc shake in it too Rose - must give that a go!

Hugs x x x

7. emmapetty

emmapetty Going for Goal!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    ps - have you looked at the recipes Lizs? The chocolate muffin and choc fudge cake with choc custard is nice and makes a change from glugging the drinks. :)

Hugs x x x

8. hannahbanana

hannahbanana Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.86%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I love the apple and cinnamin one. I think it's the way that you make it too, you need to spend sometime "forking it", mushing all the lumpy bits through the fork prongs, then microwave it - yum

9. bmthsue

bmthsue Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6.5lb(18.58%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love the apple & cinnamon but hate the plain porridge.

10. herewego

herewego Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I hated the Apple & Cinnamon porridge when I first had it (day 1 of CD) and said never again. I had bought 7 packs as I thought I'd have them for breakfast. Luckily I'd bought loads of extra packs in case I didn't like some so had some spare.

I tried it again a week ago when I fancied something warming and whisked it a bit more and it was OK. I wouldn't want to have it every day but it's quite nice for breakfast on occasion.

I think our taste buds change as we go through the diet and what tastes horrible in the beginning becomes lovely purely because it's something different. Having said that, I can't imagine ever being desperate enough to try soup again :9529:

11. ELAY

ELAY Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.78%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    I lurrrvvv the A&C Porridge, first time I had it I followed the instructions on the packet and it was far too watery, but the second time.. I added just the right amount and it was so yummy.. just what you need to start the day. It's like having a good hearty Brekkie.

12. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    oh no.... couldn't eat any more porridge if my life depended on it... in my previous attempt at CD, I have it for my breakfast at work and every spoonful made me gag ..
    Bring on the shakes and the soups...

13. JimmyShoo

JimmyShoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(27.32%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I love the A&C but hate the "Solvite wallpaper paste" plain version, i even had it for my tea last night. I was given two samples by my CDC and i am ordering 7 next week it wouldn't do for us all the be the same thought would it. xx

14. LizzMB

LizzMB WILL be Slim!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    i used to think its ok, but i cant stomach either now! EUCH!
    I just find it so odd!
    I still have 2 packs there as a just in case, but i havent touched it for 6 weeks.....shudder at the thought!
    xxxx

15. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh my goodness, the porridge is just hideous, I really can't stand it. I was physically hurling when I tried it. I only have choc tetras, I've really gone off the sachets, don't like the soups, so it's choc tetras all the way for me!

16. Mochaj

Mochaj Gold Member

Diet:
    CD
    I just had my first porridge this morning and loved it! I haven't tried the plain one though, only the A&C. My CDC posted me one of each free to try, so I'll try the plain tomorrow and hopefully I'll love that too.

I'm not too keen on the soups, so it will be good to have something else instead of shakes.

17. Purdey

Purdey Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I find them really sickly sweet so am not fond of them either. The A+C was better than the original one, it's manky. I'm sending back 6 out of 7 that i got this week!

P x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.