Porridge

LizS

Shut up Ethel
Bleugh. Ick. Yuk.

It's HORRIBLE!! I saw a few comments here about how people liked it, so thought I'd try it this morning. Well what can I say- I'm so glad I only got 2 packs off my C, and I've already sent her an email asking if I can swap one and buy another (to replace the one I've refused to eat this morning!)

Each to their own and all that and glad that some people like it and have a bit extra variety - but I think its choccy milkshake all the way for me. Again.

Shame - I wanted to like it, but .....didn't!

Oh Lordy! I totally agree with you LizS!!! I was persuaded by my CDC to buy 7 packs in my first week and I spent everyday retching over them. I wouldnt eat that wallpaper paste again if it meant I got to my target in one fell swoop!!! My standards are low - but not that low!!!! xxx

LOL-I loooove the porridge...why don't you try putting a teaspoon of shake flavour in?I love the choc orange in the porridge :)

Glad someone agrees Wannabeelovely! PolishRose - nice idea, but I'll not bother...it reminded me of gruel, and last time I looked I wasn't living in a Dickensian orphanage!

I don't mind that I don't like it - I kind of knew that I only really like choc shake and some of the bars, its ok.

funny there's so much of it I don't like, but I don't like very sweet things or mixed flavours so choc/orange and things like that are out for me. I will tolerate choc/mint, but only if I have it hot made up with half a mug of mint tea and half a mug of hot water! other than that, choc all the way.

It's funny, i heave over the 'original' porridge, but absolutely LOVE apple and cinnamon.

I like your idea od adding a scoop of choc shake in it too Rose - must give that a go!

Hugs x x x

ps - have you looked at the recipes Lizs? The chocolate muffin and choc fudge cake with choc custard is nice and makes a change from glugging the drinks. :)

Hugs x x x

I love the apple and cinnamin one. I think it's the way that you make it too, you need to spend sometime "forking it", mushing all the lumpy bits through the fork prongs, then microwave it - yum

I hated the Apple & Cinnamon porridge when I first had it (day 1 of CD) and said never again. I had bought 7 packs as I thought I'd have them for breakfast. Luckily I'd bought loads of extra packs in case I didn't like some so had some spare.

I tried it again a week ago when I fancied something warming and whisked it a bit more and it was OK. I wouldn't want to have it every day but it's quite nice for breakfast on occasion.

I think our taste buds change as we go through the diet and what tastes horrible in the beginning becomes lovely purely because it's something different. Having said that, I can't imagine ever being desperate enough to try soup again :9529:

I lurrrvvv the A&C Porridge, first time I had it I followed the instructions on the packet and it was far too watery, but the second time.. I added just the right amount and it was so yummy.. just what you need to start the day. It's like having a good hearty Brekkie.

I love the A&C but hate the "Solvite wallpaper paste" plain version, i even had it for my tea last night. I was given two samples by my CDC and i am ordering 7 next week it wouldn't do for us all the be the same thought would it. xx

i used to think its ok, but i cant stomach either now! EUCH!
I just find it so odd!
I still have 2 packs there as a just in case, but i havent touched it for 6 weeks.....shudder at the thought!
xxxx

Oh my goodness, the porridge is just hideous, I really can't stand it. I was physically hurling when I tried it. I only have choc tetras, I've really gone off the sachets, don't like the soups, so it's choc tetras all the way for me!

I just had my first porridge this morning and loved it! I haven't tried the plain one though, only the A&C. My CDC posted me one of each free to try, so I'll try the plain tomorrow and hopefully I'll love that too.

I'm not too keen on the soups, so it will be good to have something else instead of shakes.

Back