porridge!!

kathryn B

Im on day 2 and thought I would have porridge.Big disapointment!
Any tips on making it up? Mine is very lumpy .Should it be like this or smooth like readybreak?
Thanks guys xx

Hi Kathryn, The porridge is my fave out of all the packs. As with all of them it's how you mix them , I add just enough boiling water to cover, and mix with handle of a spoon to make as smooth as I can then I add a little more water , microwave for a minute then add boiling water to that mix till its the consistency I like. Unless you mix it with one of those little battery operated frothers its going have a little lumpy to it. I kinda like the half smooth half lumpy though but if you want it smooth, froth it. For me I also add one sweetener too.
The frothers are good for the soups too , I always mix to a paste then add more water it seems to mix the powdery out of them , cos they are too small to be using a jug blender.
Hope this helps good luck with the rest of your week, it does get easier:)

Hi Dora dale
Thanks for the advice.I will try it again tomorrow as I have quite a few packs of porridge to use this week. I love porridge in my normal life so am hoping the LL porridge will taste better next time!! xx

lol, I loved the LL porridge! Just keep experimenting with mixing them - it takes practice! Each person also prefers to make their packs differently, some with more water, some with less. I always liked a more 'gooey' pack so I could somewhat chew it.
You know though? When I finished LL, and went back to conventional porridge, I was disappointed... the real thing tasted worse! I was almost tempted to keep eating the LL ones... ;) The only problem with that, was the cost ...

Back