porridge

Bella30

Silver Member
what's the best choice to go for? I'm not a porridge eater but do like it so am thinking about having it for breakfast to make a change from my boring bran flakes but not sure which is the best one to get. Also should you have it with milk or water? The latter sounds gross but have heard it's better for you???

Thanks!

Bella :)

The best kind you can buy are 100% rolled oats. Scotts porrage oats are good. They dont have any sugar or anything else added. Sure you can have it with water to cut calories but skimmed milk will be fine. Watch your portion size though as porridge can be very calorific if you eat a lot of it (as with any breakfast cereal really). Stick to the portion size they suggest and measure it out. If you want to sweaten it up try adding a tea spoon of organic honey or jam, or add a small handful of raisens to it.

Id try and avoid the ready packs like oat so simple unless you get the natural flavour as the others are full of sugars and additives etc.

Hope that helps! xx

Thanks! :)

Jordans jumbo organic oats are really nice, you can get it in Tesco. You dont need a lot to make a pretty filling breakfast and I make mine half milk half water. I do like sugar on my porridge, but dont have it as diabetic and I hate sweeteners, but ive gotten used to the taste of unsweetened porridge now.

i tried it with water but it tasted foul, i just use unsweetened soya milk with it now

i get the oats so simple original porridge oats

Back