Porridge

I had my first porridge yesterday. Hmmmm I don't know how to describe it. Not like porridge at all for me I'm afraid, tasked more like baby milk, like eating baby milk off a spoon. Very, very sweet. I will eat it again simply becasue it was certainly a different taste from the shakes and occasional soup I have, but don't think I am a convert ... yet!

I'm cracking up with laughter at the notion of trying to fit the microwave in ur suitcase..:) did u really mean it ...thats great:)...jennifer lol

I LOVE the porridge, got 5 trial packs so am going to save the others for days when I need a pick me up :)

I'm cracking up with laughter at the notion of trying to fit the microwave in ur suitcase..:) did u really mean it ...thats great:)...jennifer lol

It was meant as a joke really - bit short of jokes when I am hungry!!

GSQ

It was meant as a joke really - bit short of jokes when I am hungry!!

GSQ

Would've been better if you were serious! :D I had the most hilarious mental picture of you trying to cram your microwave into your suitcase!

porridge on the hob??

So I got my next months supply of bumper bits and I found 5 free samples of porridge (that dont got out of date until sept woooo) well anyway, I haven't previously ordered porridge as I do not own a microwave, so my question being, can I cook the porridge on the hob? I really want try it just so I can say I have and this is my last 4 weeks of the diet (totalling 5 months), so would be nice to have a change. Any help welcome.....

You 'found' 5 free samples of porridge? Did they give it to you with your order or something? I doubt it would work on the hob but give leaving it a while a try instead.

it seems to be the general thing at the mo that they are sending out 5 free samples of porridge. quite excited when i got but slightly gutted you need a microwave. think i might try it tomorrow and leave it for a bit to see if it thickens on its own. ill will post what its like

I don't have a microwave either and trialled a sample on the hob. It didn't work right for me although I reckon with tweaking the method you could find a way to make it work. For me I couldn't bear the taste. If I had liked it I would have experimented more with qty water/time on and off heat etc. I expected it to taste like the LL one but I thought it had a really weird after taste. Some people love it though so I think it's just trial and error. x

I read somewhere on here that if you add about 150ml maybe less of boiled water cover it and let it stand a while it does thicken. I haven't tried it myself. Good luck

i always make mine on the hob, 200ml of cold water and stir continuously.....never had a problem

Wow, there's porridge, what else has changed?

I've just been browsing the exante website and seen this, wondering if it's worth the price tag or whether I'd hate it. I don't like the soups at all so would be wary of investing that much money in the porridge. I have about a months worth of shakes & some bars leftover from last time so won't be placing an order just yet.

So do you love it or hate it?

I like it, the first time I made it I put the 200ml water in & it was like a porridge flavoured soup! So next time I made it more stodgy & put a couple of sweeteners in & it was yummy!! When I ordered the bumper pack I got 5 free-think they were trying to get rid of them as they had a short date lol!! Why don't you order a couple individually just in case you don't like them? :0)

I hate it! It's like sticky gruel, reminds me of papier mâché! :eek:

Back