Porridge

cinderzxx

Hi everyone
Planning round have original oatmeal or sweet porridge tomorrow for breakfast. I was wondering whether to use milk or water does it taste better made with one or the other?
I don't drink tea or coffee so won't save my milk allowance for that

xx

I think they taste the sme with or without milk. I don't have the milk allowance - it is optional.

Tastes pretty much the same for me. I use water instead and add some cinnamon and 3 crushed sweetener tablets.
I save my milk up for coffee etc

I always make the porridge with water and it tastes just fine, but then i like to save my milk for a frothed-up milky coffee mid-afternoon :)

I use my milk as I know I should have the calcium and I dont drink tea or coffee. I also use a sweetener and cinnamon i mine and use a hand whisk to mix every 45 secs until it is thick enough for me! I prefer the porridge as it is more like the real thing whereas the oatmeal tastes fine but is more like baby food for consistancy, smell and taste!
Hope you enjoy whichever you choose!

I only use water but found that I couldn't stomach the 'sweet' porridge unless I added sweetener to it. The original oatmeal tastes much sweeter to me (with no sweetener added).

I've tried both but only with water. Both had a good consistency - the oatmeal was a bit blergh though I thought. I'd not get that again.

I thought the sweet porridge tasted almost buttery, which was odd, but it had a nice texture. I had to add cinnamon to it to make it palatable. Had the oatmeal today: very sweet, but tasted more like real porridge, although the consistency was like a sauce that's split, or eggy soya. (really selling this, aren't I?! Lol) I wish there was one that had the best bits of both!!

Back