portion control

nin

Does portion control really matter on sw when all the free foods are unlimited? I have a big appetite and 'normal'portions are a bit to small! Will I still loose the flab if I eat more free foods or should I just top up my plate with ss food? X

you can each as much free foods as you like so long as you are only eating till satisfied and fill your plate with a 1/3 superfree (fruit or unstarchy vegetables - peas, sweetcorn and parnsips do not count as superfree).

I eat large portions and have lost 80.5lbs since the last week in august.....

40094-albums2849-picture17032.jpg

this is my evening meal more days than not, but as you can see the veg is normally about half my plate..

You know i was wondering this too, though if you eat good healthy foods till full you are less likely to want to fill up with food which arnt that good for you. I have wondered about portions myself tbh, but most of my plate is superfree but i'm sure after a few weeks eating pasta, portaoes and rice on a *diet*will be in my head as perfectly normal but for now need to let my head adjust to it.

Portion sizes depend on the person. What would satisfy one person may not be enough for the next. I have a big appetite but I'm learning to eat until I am satisfied not until I am fit to burst. I don't judge when I'm done or how much is right by the size / emptiness of my plate anymore.

I use a smaller plate and definitely eat less now as a result. I used to use a really large dinner plate and was always stuffed, now I use a small dinner plate and am always satisfied but don't feel ill.

Thanks everyone that's helped a lot lol. I took a jacket potato to work and it didn't fill me up so I ended up binging on biscuits :-( . I'll take more next time x

I used to/still do worry about this. However I eat loads and have still lost plenty of weight (although obviously I still have a way to go to target). I have found that over time my portion size has naturally decreased a little and people tell me that will continue to happen.

I would agree with BritMum though, try to eat as much as you need to rather than what you want to, but don't worry too much about it for now.

Good luck.

Gail x

In my 4th week and seem to have got stuck, no loss for 2 weeks. I'm determined not to give up. I'm eating loads of fruit and sticking to the plan (extra easy).
I think I'm eating too much free food - once it's on my plate I forget to stop when I'm full. Does anyone else have the same problem? When do you say enough is enough when it comes to free food?

hi, i do sometimes worry about the amount i eat, when i tried ww, i was shocked by the portion size, but, my problem is i eat so quick(can't bare it if food get'scold, plus, i think having to eat very quick one reaks when i was at work). But, i am going try and slow down my eating, and remember to ask am i full:D

Drink a pint of water before you eat an it helps you to feel fuller as you eat.

Maybe try having a smaller plate and try just serving some of it ? Then if you want to go back for more you can but you might not want to. I am surprised sometimes by the fact that I don't actually need to eat as much as I think I do. Especially when I have a variety of stuff on my plate (eg rice/pasta, sauce with meat (home made but includes some/quite a bit of superfree) and then more superfree veg on top). The plate is full of superfree but it still feels like I've got loads of the carbs/sauce which I love.

I'mtryingagain - have you tried posting a food diary ? Often with a bit of tweaking again you can shake up your weight losses.

Gail x

In my 4th week and seem to have got stuck, no loss for 2 weeks. I'm determined not to give up. I'm eating loads of fruit and sticking to the plan (extra easy).
I think I'm eating too much free food - once it's on my plate I forget to stop when I'm full. Does anyone else have the same problem? When do you say enough is enough when it comes to free food?

Use smaller standard plates, makes sure your plate has at least a 1/3 superfree and it will automatically lower down your carb and protein intake.

I'm going to look back through my food diary tomorrow from my first week to see what I was eating then and hopefully get me back on track x

My first action on starting SW was to get a smaller a plate. I find this really helps my portion control!

A bowl of superfree soup as a starter before your meal is also a good way to make sure you eat less, as you don't start your meal ravenous and wolf down a big portion before your body has had chance to recognise that it's full.

Yeah I guess the 1/3 superfree food is a bit pointless if you're eating off a serving platter!! :8855:

my meals I eat are fairly big, my OH cant get over it at times, but ive always been a big eater, but with SW its great, big portions (or until im full) and i loose xx

I think online you can buy a 'diet/portioned plate' where it splits the plate into three sections? Maybe that would be useful??? Its not slimming world related, but it has a general healthy philosophy - either that or get a Sharpie pen and draw lines on an old plate!!! :) not sure thats safe to eat off though? haha!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diet-Plate-Female/dp/B000H1HXZM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297078862&sr=8-1

I tend to have LOADS more veggies now to fill me up - esp as I do Red days, so i can have loads of meat, and less carbs....so i find this option of having approx half my plate of veggies and superspeed foods to work better for me, and i dont feel hungry!

x

Back