Portion Pots

I use mine all the time but the list is very long!!

A quick guide is

blue is
uncooked basmati rice (205 cals) mature cheese (82) cottage cheese (98) muesli (146) uncooked porridge oats (125)

yellow is
baked beans (84 cals) wine (88), fruit juice (63) all bran (84) muesli (183) uncooked pasta (175) froz peas (44) porridge cooked in water (125) mashed potatoes (86)

red is
all bran (168 cals) cooked basmati rice (205) branflakes (163) cooked pasta shapes (175) uncooked pasta shapes (280) mashed potato (172) special k (150) sugar puffs (114)

green is
cooked noodles (225 cals) cooked pasta shapes (280) special k (187) sugar puffs (152) uncooked spaghetti - the green hole portion (182)

pot sizes are:
blue 80ml
yellow 125ml
red 250ml
green 330ml

There are more obviously but these are the main ones

HTH

Hi, i have the american cups for weighing and they range from 80ml - 125ml - 250ml will these be the same measures as the portion pots? and if yes where can i get a food list and their weights or do i have to buy the rosemary conley ones, and is it a big list compared to what's given here? it takes ages working out calories in things like rice and pasta these will make it so much easier :)

Hi Poppy, the portion pot sizes are 80ml, 125ml, 250ml & 330ml

The majority of items are on the post above.

I think the list only comes with the portion pots which you can buy off RC website.

HTH

I 'VE ordered another set had mine for over 2yrs i think when did rc 1st time round much easier touse them than scales?it s ays there is apot for spaghetti or is it pasta? dont ave this with mine ,hopefully have them soon ordered yesterday.

got my portion pots last night, havn't really studied t6he card properly yet, but one of the pots is for pasta shapes, but in the gren pot there is a round hole on the handle, and you use that for dried spaghetti to measure your portion size.

ooh that really handy 4 spaghetti ,cant wait till get mine

i never use mine, i should really , i think i just know not to have alot now, and my stomache has shrunk anyway so i feel too full up all the time, its a wierd feeling.

i never use mine, i should really , i think i just know not to have alot now, and my stomache has shrunk anyway so i feel too full up all the time, its a wierd feeling.

thing is Ria, thats when you portion control starts getting out of hand again as what could be 180 cals in a pot could be 250 cals if you're guessing the quantity.

The pots are so easy to use though so you may as well be sure of the cals you're eating.

Back