Portion Size

anita1975

hi everyone,

i know it is a strange question. but what is the best portion size?

when i am on a green day, i do fill up my plate, and try to stop eating when my tummy tells me to.

put what is the best porition size. i have noticed, i plate up an awful lot on green days, and never get partially eaten plates back. i am thinking am i filling up to much.

what do you guys think and what do you do.

well, we have a plate full at most meals. Have a look on the pictures thread, that will give you an idea on the amount of food people are having

I was a bit confused about portion size as well. I had a bit of an episode last week when I knew I was full up but I didn't stop eating my pasta until it was all gone! It didn't hinder my weight loss as it's a free food but what I do now is serve up quite a small portion but leave more in the kitchen, and if I'm still hungry I go and get more. Just seems to make it easier to not eat quite so much!

Emily

When I do pasta I weigh out 100g dry weight per person which is a big amount! I do this mainly so I don't cook too much of it, if I cooked more I would eat more and this is a large portion.

I have very big meals, I eat until I'm very full :)

I wouldn't worry to much unless you are full to bursting and then reduce what you eat.

Anita I would have thought that as you have stayed the same for 3 weeks that maybe you're thinking your portions are too large? Perhaps cut back a bit and stop eating before you feel full (to give your brain time to get the full signal from your tummy) and maybe the losses may start again :)

I appreciate that it is a free food but the fact remains - if you eat more calories than you burn up during the day - you won't lose weight!

I use a smaller plate, about 2/3 size of a regular dinner plate and eat as slow as I can. That way because it takes 15 minutes for your brain to tell you that you have had enough I have eaten less. Back before I started I ate at lightening speed (really bad habit) and so I ate a lot more than I do now before I felt full.

I use a smaller plate, about 2/3 size of a regular dinner plate and eat as slow as I can. That way because it takes 15 minutes for your brain to tell you that you have had enough I have eaten less. Back before I started I ate at lightening speed (really bad habit) and so I ate a lot more than I do now before I felt full.

I'm not at the stage of a smaller plate but deffo started eating slower and it works!! I have actually left food on my plate which i never did and more often than not my OH has finished before me which is brill cos i used to rib him for being a slow eater and i've lost more weight since doing this!
Jo x

Back