Green Days Portion sizes

Ok, so I have stopped losing any weight at the minute and I can only think it must be my portion sizes for free food. I'm a sucker for a big plate of pasta or rice so can anyone help me with what size portions I should be aiming for with these? I dont want to starve and I'm scared if I'm not full I will want to snack more but I'm clearly eating too much starchy foods. (I am sticking to the 1/3 of your plate sf food)

Any help please?

Ok, so I have stopped losing any weight at the minute and I can only think it must be my portion sizes for free food. I'm a sucker for a big plate of pasta or rice so can anyone help me with what size portions I should be aiming for with these? I dont want to starve and I'm scared if I'm not full I will want to snack more but I'm clearly eating too much starchy foods. (I am sticking to the 1/3 of your plate sf food)

Any help please?

Hello.

Pasta I generally go for 2 handfuls and load it with veg. With rice a small handful as it seems to grow in the pan lol. Just fill your plate with loads of veg, broccoli, carrots and baby corn are good for filling up on.
Good luck xxx

Try having the recommended portion sizes on the pack x

Think we both did our posts at the same time :)

If its the whole meal then I have as much as I need but if its part of a meal then I stick with the serving suggestions on the packs.

Hope u find a way that works for you. Good luck x

Yeah I would try following the recommended portion sizes on the packet which I think is about 100g for pasta. If you find that is not filling enough, try adding in more superfree to bulk it out :)

I actually find 50g pasta, rice or couscous is plenty if filled out with the other elements of the meal, including loads of veg. I find the recipes in the magazines and books give 300g to serve 4 (75g per portion) and they usually do me 6 meals or they are far too much. Once I realised this it helped my weight loss and is helping me maintain. My OH who is slim has the same, except he sometimes has cakes and puds after!

I actually find 50g pasta, rice or couscous is plenty if filled out with the other elements of the meal, including loads of veg. I find the recipes in the magazines and books give 300g to serve 4 (75g per portion) and they usually do me 6 meals or they are far too much. Once I realised this it helped my weight loss and is helping me maintain. My OH who is slim has the same, except he sometimes has cakes and puds after!

Well I tried the pack amount which was 100g and it looked tiny compared to the amount I'd normally have so I imagine that is where I've been going wrong ha ha. We'll see what the scales say. Only thing is it didn't fill me up for long even though I had loads of SF with it. I'll stick with it if it works. Thanks guys x x

I sometimes put in frozen veg with pasta while it boils, broccoli is good especially with tomato-y sauces. It bulks it out without me noticing and I don't have to think about making a side salad to get the sf in

I sometimes put in frozen veg with pasta while it boils, broccoli is good especially with tomato-y sauces. It bulks it out without me noticing and I don't have to think about making a side salad to get the sf in

I do this too :)

I weigh my carbs now as its too easy to over do it. I used to think the servings were tiny but you get used to it. I always have a massive salad with pasta along with veg in the sauce.

I got a huge shock when I tipped my bowl of pasta on to a plate - was a massive amount!!! So now I always eat pasta off a plate. I did ww for years which I think teaches you portion sizes more than sw though I'm a confirmed sw girl now. Also my dinner plates are large which doesnt help with the mentality of a plate of food so last week I bought a slightly smaller plate in Asda

I've been weighing my carbs all week and embarrassingly been eating a lot less, I must h:eek:ave been eating 250g raw pasta !! Oops, anyway still no loss. will keep it up and see if next week brings a loss but very disheartened. Thanks everyone for advice :) xx

I've been weighing my carbs all week and embarrassingly been eating a lot less, I must h:eek:ave been eating 250g raw pasta !! Oops, anyway still no loss. will keep it up and see if next week brings a loss but very disheartened. Thanks everyone for advice :) xx

Not made to measure , i had to up my water intake to restart losing again. Check out how much water you should be drinking for your weight x

Not made to measure , i had to up my water intake to restart losing again. Check out how much water you should be drinking for your weight x

Really, I've never heard of that before. I do drink quite a lot of water as it's my fave drink believe it or not ha ha. How can I find that out? Just on google or something? I wonder if because I'm short I should be eating less as short people use less cals. Thanks, going to check the water thing out x

I have to measure and weigh my carbs too, I must have been eating 100's grams over what I should have. And the weirdest thing is that I don't feel hard done by for eating less either :)

I find that eating wholewheat pasta, brown rice, whole wheat couscous help me feel fuller for longer because the sugar are released more gradually xx

For me, the beauty of SW was that I didn't have to worry about portion sizes, and being a spud addict could pile my plate high. Once I had lost about 5 stone, though, my losses slowed down and I realised that as I was weighing less and needed fewer calories, then I'd have to reduce my carb consumption if i wanted to continue losing weight. So now if we're having jacket spuds, I have one instead of two and I tend to stick to portion sizes of rice and pasta as recommended on the packet. If I don't need what I've cooked, I'll save it and do a pasta or rice salad for the next day.

Yeah sounds like me. And I expected it to happen just not when I still have 3St to lose, I thought the weight loss would slow down maybe with 1 St to go, gutted. Never mind, not going to let it stop me. Just Gott try harder and weigh everything. I will get there. Thanks for all the tips guys x

Back