Possible newbie...which shakes?

looby1003

Hi everyone :)
I'm currently on week 4 of Food Repalcement Diet (Lipotrim) and struggling to be honest. Last week was hard, especially cooking for my hubby and 2 daughters then not being able to sit with them at the table (too much temptation!). Its making me grumpy and I just miss eating food lol!! However, the results have been good and I do feel more energetic and less bloated, so I'm hoping to start Atkins so that I remain ketogenic but can actually eat again :D
What I was wondering is, is it ok to have Lipotrim or Avidlite shakes for breakfast/lunch and then meat/eggs for tea? Its mainly the evening meal I'm missing and sometimes dont have time to prepare lunch so a shake would be ideal somedays. They have around 12gms of carbs though, so not sure if they're suitable?
Been reading this forum for the past few days and some of the recipes have made my mouth water lol...I might be joining you all sooner rather than later lol :)
Thanks
Lou

It would not be ideal as induction has a limit of 20g carbs per day, 15g of which should be from induction vegetables so that would not leave enough for your shake. There might be lower carb shakes but when doing Atkins I prefer to actually eat so can't give you any pointers that way.

You can get shakes much lower in carbs which i deem suitable as it seems to be working still! I dont see that would be a problem but you may struggle to get enough veg in you that way, i struggle and where possible i eat three meals a day. I dont see it not working however though as for the most part you'll still be on a lot less than you were before.

Hi Lou, and welcome if you do decide to join us love.

Hi (sorry my reply is a bit late :eek:). Thanks for the advice and the welcome :). Decided to stick the skakes out for a bit longer (changing to Avidlite though) and going to nibble on meat/tuna if I really can't resist. Will switch to Atkins altogether when the time is right, rather than do half and half. Then (when I dare to start eating carbs again!) I'll do slimming world.
Thanks again :)
Lou xx

Back