Post Christmas Resolution

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mrsdixie, 28 December 2009 Social URL.

1. mrsdixie

mrsdixie Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Not a new year resolution because they have never ever worked for me before.:sigh:

I am desperate to lose some weight. I have been steadily (not rapidly) getting bigger since the birth of my first child 7.5 years ago. For me the weight gain is never rapid, but it is continual. I find it really, really hard to change my habits and change my food.

I know that I need to do something that I can stick to permanently. That is why I know that most of the diets out there are really not for me. I want help and encouragement to change the way I feel about food and to motivate me to exercise more. I don't want to do anything that will make me feel deprived as I know I will just give up and binge and put on more than I started at.

I have a desk job and work from home so I don't get much exercise unless I force myself to do it. I want to build exercise into my routine so that it becomes a habit not a chore. I enjoy walking, dancing and swimming.

I know that this is a pretty common story but it really scares me. I feel out of control and I am worried that I will be another half stone heavier every year until I collapse.:(

So I want to properly plan what I am doing now. I would really love some advice about long-term weight loss. I am not looking for a quick fix and I couldn't bear any food replacement diets or really calorie restricted diets.

I would also really love to find a buddy that is also just starting out that I could share progress with.

Any advice about planning my new habits would be most welcome.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Are you going to count calories?

Irene xx
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.