post diet...

slimmer2moro

Hello, i am thinking ahead of myself here..as i'm re-starting tomorrow after losing and regaining a stone in July. Ok it was only 2 weeks but on my refeed week i regained 5lbs and then started eating as before as then i went on holiday. I am concerned and so is my hubby that 'when' (as i'm feeling positive about losing 5 1/2 stone) i get to target how will i stay there after 20 years of binge eating??!! If i could afford the lighterlife programme i would go with it for the counselling but at £67. its out of the question. So yes, LT is a more affordable option...but no counselling. I know from reading the forum some of you have lost a terrific amount of weight and i was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your thoughts with me....
Also does it slow metabolism??
Thanks guy's xx

Hi and good luck with starting tomorrow. I can understand how you feel I have had the same thoughts. I feel that once I get to a weight that I haven't been to since I was 11 and now I am 32 that I will be determind to keep it off. I am on day 7 and I am already looking at food which will be better for me and which will help me stay healthy. All I have been craving for about the last 5 days is a chicken salad sandwhich which is strange when you think last week I ate 3 kit kat chunky's, chocolate yoghurt, and a chocolate chip tracker bar and that is in 1 sitting.
I hope that you find the answers you need and the support on here is fantastic and really helps me through the days.

Hi.

I lost 6st 10lbs in 22 weeks on my first stint of LT. I put on 1st 3lbs over my summer off and am now back on it to lose 2st 13lbs to get to my ultimate goal of a 8st 6lb loss taking me to 11st.

The eating part again was very hard. Much harder than being on TFR. It takes a very long time for us to change our habits but its about taken each day one at a time.

Hop on over to the maintainence section of this forum and check and Jan and Mary's diaries - they have been maintaining for months now and are the queens at it - they really are an inspiration. Post a topic in there and im sure they will answer you.

Our eating habits wont disapear nowhere near as fast as our weight, which is a bummer but we will all learn and get there someday. Just think - do you really want to lose over 5st just to put it back on again? Keep it in check with regular weigh ins etc and if you have 1 bad day rein yourself in for a few to counteract the bad day you had.

:) xx

Hi, I agree with Summer :) I am approaching refeed in the next 4/5 weeks and think that regular weigh-ins coupled with generally healthy eating - but yes less healthy things are bound to pass my lips in the future and i'll compensate for them.

I think for me the thing is, i don't want to go back to where i started from. I know what it feels like now - I didn't know that when i was gaining the weight. I know what the difference feels like, and i want to feel like i do now for the rest of my life - i believe this knowledge and these feelings will help me to keep a better check of my diet and my weight, while still being able to go for meals out and have the odd bar of choc, the odd cheese sandwich, the odd burger and chips etc.

I wish you all the very best with LT :)

thankyou for taking the time to put my mind at ease, it is good to hear from you experienced lipotrimmers :)

hi, my pharmasist has been telling me about after i refeed i should think about doing a low carb diet iv been to the library to get some books on it to try and get my head around it as like you i`m so petrified of putting the weight back on im actually scared of eating..
hope this helps x

Food addiction

Yes I find it no problem on Total Lipotrim its the refeed and maintenance that I worry about as I feel we all suffer from food addictions

Back