Post Holiday Weigh In

Oh lovely, Antalya is one of the most beautiful places in Turkey!! Enjoy..
have you been learning your Turkish??? ;-)
My hubby is Turkish...not that I am any good at it...I was at the beginning and now I am lazy, as he is, as he speaks English constantly, with a Scottish accent ;-)!!!

HELLO - MERHABA :)

Glad you have started today; you will do alright. Look forward to hearing how your first week went.

Take care

Ah really? How cool! I know not one single bit of turkish!!!!!!!! :giggle:

How do i say good morning? hello? thankyou?

Although i reckon the majority will speak a little english ... well i am hoping so! lol

lol i cannot pronounce them words! lol will have a goose at that site later on :) Thanks chick xx

hahah - I know, I originally spelt them then remembered the website.

Gunydin = goon i (as in eye) din
Iyi Geceler = i(as in eye) ye gejeler (c is sounded J)
Tesekkur ederim = teshekoor ed erim
SORRY!! HAHAH.....
Forgot to mention, it is quite a difficult language :)

Just keep saying HELLO - MERHABA
Mer ha ba as it is spelt :)

haha i shall stick to MER HA BA!! :giggle:

A good one for a laugh Tanya is

Para mi yok ozur dilerim - pronounced
para me yok oozer dilerim

It means, I have no money sorry, always raises a laugh when the bill comes.

Scotsmist - where in Turkey is your Husband from?

oh dear mary - just tried to say that one - sounded so silly! lol

I used to be quite embarassed to try and speak some Turkish when I first started to go on holiday there, but now I try and speak as much Turkish as i can when on holiday - they do love it when you try to speak their language.

Hi Mary

You are putting me to shame :)!! haha..
My husband is from Gebze, which is near Istanbul. Very modern Turk (thankfully) :)
But I love Turkey and would move there in a flash..I think I have eventually talked him into us retiring in Bodrum, after many years! He just prefers it over here and he doesnt like what is happening re: politics over there...such a shame. They are going backwards he feels re: Ataturk, etc..

I need to get back into doing my Turkish before I go over as I say the same things over and over again to my in-laws their second language is French being a bit older!

Back