Post your Xmas gain...

I'm totally disgraced to be honest... I had a WI the day after boxing day and gained 4.5lb!!!!! It was expected coz christmas week i didnt even try hard but even still its not nice to see... the killer for me was wine as the rest of the year i have a drink once in a blue moon (suffer too bad from hangovers) but between christmas week and new year week the wine flowed rightly, also all the lovely dinners plus the chocolate, crisps and sweets that are in the house hasnt helped.

My 2nd wi is tonight and i'm expecting similar damage as i had a few nights out up to and over new year - also it really doesnt help that its my * week :( can see it FAR enough but I know that whatever has gone on these last 2 weeks WILL come off as I've been quite strict since July and lost every week.

Cant help but feel horrendous atm though :(

Oh no no no yr not aloud to feel like that!!
At least tr going to WI and even tho expecting a gain. And it might not be as bad as I think anyway...u never know until u go!

It's a new year and time for a fresh start! Think of all the fun/enjoyment u have had this christmas/new years and how much fun u will have again next year when yr skinny and enjoying yrself again!! Back on the waggon u hop x

Hello everyone,
Hope you all had a brilliant Christmas and new year.
Been dreading weigh in tomorrow. Lost 4.5 lbs the week leading up to christmas. Haven't had all the foods I've wanted but had the occasional one. Weighed myself boxing day and I'd put.on 5lbs so I. Joined the gym and started that day. I've been every day since and have really.enjoyed it.
Haven't stuck as strictly to ww as I could but weighed myself this morning and I've only put 1lb on now from my original weigh in. Fingers crossed with the gym tonight and tracking I can manage a Sts or a loss Xx

I was pleased to have only gained half a pound since my last WI on the 12th December, but of course it really is more than that, as I wore jeans to WI that day, as I was fearful that I had dropped out of my target range ;)

Hello there to all you fellow confessors!!!

I had wi last night and gained 5lb - tbh Im totally fine with it. Only started group 3 weeks before Xmas and had lost 12lbs in those 3 weeks so even with the gain Im still 7lb lighter than when I started :)

Must admit I thought I would have gained more - was expecting at least 7lbs as hadnt been to group for 2 weeks and hadnt followed plan at all - though had spent most of christmas/new year with boyfriend who is very slim and only sees food as a necessity for his body to work (FREAK) - so whilst I did have takeaways, fish n chips etc I didnt act do much snacking as we didnt have those foods in - I think I really need to move in with him and just eat like he does most of the time.. Last Christmas he lost 9lbs!!!!!! (Life just aint fair eh).

My mate who comes with me to group had maintained and she aint done plan at all... she was shell shocked!!!!

Most people had gained - with I think about 2 or 3 people actually losing. Consultant was fab and said we werent gonna dwell on it - it was all behind us - and to make a new start.

I really enjoyed group last night - today is my first day back on it and trying to talk myself into Zumba class tonight - which I love but have to walk to and god is it cold out there today - however I'll be a lot warmer on the way home!!!!

Congratulations to you all - those who have lost, sts and gained - we'll all get there :family2:

Put 2.5lb over christmas, will prob put more on this week, weigh in tonight. Had to have my cat put to sleep last Wednesday so tended to binge on the wrong things, then new year, so not really been on track until yesterday.

Hi KimKnees - your post made me feel better as I'm doing sw on my own at home. My scales final verdict was 5lbs which was better than I expected and, like you, I've still kept off a good half stone or more of weight I'd lost. It's so motivating and helpful to look at other people's stats on their posts and to see so everyone has a consistent steady loss even with the odd blip. Everyone is doing so well and thank you to everyone who posts because it really helps me! xxx

Put 2.5lb over christmas, will prob put more on this week, weigh in tonight. Had to have my cat put to sleep last Wednesday so tended to binge on the wrong things, then new year, so not really been on track until yesterday.
:bighug:
So sorry to hear that, Chiana. I know how hard it is to grieve for a much loved pet and companion and that staying on plan goes a bit out of the window at times like these. We'll all be back on track very soon xxx

Woop woop STS over xmas. I did try and behave but fell off the wagon couple times so really happy.

For all of us - lets just focus on the future - 2012 the year we got to Target! x

Over christmas put on 9lb and then since then lost 3lb (don't know how, have eaten my body weight in cheese lol). 2012. Bring it on.

Awww sweetheart that's awful *lots of hugs* It's good that yer back on track now xx

I stepped on my own scales this evening. Now I know they weigh similar, but I had just finished off 2 pints of water before I stepped on them, and had the heavy clothes on that I was wearing (usually wear light trousers and a basic tee) and I was 19 freakin 3. :(

I lost half a pound over Xmas!!!! God knows how as I haven't followed the plan at all over Xmas, but I went to weigh in last night and I'm now back with a vengeance and have joined this site to give me a push to shed the pounds, even though I started slimming world back in May, I am counting yesterday as a new beginning and hopefully gonna fight the flab with you lovely ladies. X

How much did you put on or lose over xmas?

I Litterally had 2 weeks off slimming world over xmas... I ate and drank loads!!! It was xmas after all and i told myself i was having a fresh start in the New year.. So i braved the scales last week and to my suprise i had only put on half a pound!!!! Im very happy with that.. I was convinced i had put on more.. but it just goes to show sometimes things are never gonna be as bad as you think! I worry for nothing... So the New year is here and its time to start losing weight.. again! :) xx

Last edited:
Ok following my post earlier on this thread my nerves were wrecked going to wi... Fully expected to have a gain of at least a few lb coz ate+drunk loads over news year but it showed as a loss of 3.5lb!!! Normally I would be skipping with joy but I'm worried it's an inaccurate reading coz I seriously don't see where it wouldve came from... If it is right though HAPPY DAYS!!! xx

11lb in December - I was unable to exercise and housebound since 10th though and missed out on at least 45-50 mile walking:cry:

2 lbs on over Christmas and Newyear! Not too bad and relieved to get back to my healthier ways! X

Back