Pot 12 weeks of ss

HI,

I am new to this site and completely unaware of how anything works so sorry for my ignorance.

I started ss (4 shakes) on 7th January and as of this morning I have lost 4 stone and 2.5 pounds. Absolutely delighted as I embark on week 12.

Now I don't understand why I have to eat after week 12. If it is to kickstart my metabolism I don't need it. If it is because of gall stones maybe I do! I would like to mix and match ss and ss+ until I have lost me remaining 3.5.stone.

Does anyone know why after 12 weeks we need to eat, and what the consequences would be if I didn't.

Absolutely thrilled with weight loss and don't want it to slow down. Wld rather get rid of all the weight FAST then got on with my life once and for all.
:)
Many thanks for helping me.

Lisa x :bighug::bighug::bighug:

As far as I am aware it is 1 week of eating then back to SS.

Not sure if it is a week of 810 or if you go up a higher step for that 1 week.

I am on 810 now as on final 6lbs to go and still losing 2lbs a week, so you should still lose on the week you eat :)

Well that's fantastic for you if you are eating and still losing at that rate. 6lbs away! Well done you. Jealous!!

I have fought meal replacements all my dieting life but wished I hadn't. Could have saved myself years of heartache.

Not sure either, but think 810 is all that is necessary. Ss very anti social!!

It certainly is! Having to cook Christmas dinner for hubby and 4 kids when I was only 3 weeks into the diet was hard!

I never thought I would need a VLCD but bst thing ever and it has so changed my eating habits!

I think the eating after 12 weeks is something to do with NICE guidelines, and the Dept Of Health. May be they're worried that you'll lose so much weight and disappear down a drain..(where there's pain there's a claim..lol) I reckom 810 for a week should be enough, then u can go back to SS. PS what your CDC doesn't know won't hurt her......

Found this..it's LL but still applies to CD

NICE (National Institute for health and Clinical Effectiveness) have just published a paper on VLCDs. The paper concludes that a person should not follow a VLCD for longer than a maximum of 12 weeks. This obviously has significant implications for LL. LL are in talks with NICE to provide them with more information and data. In the meantime, LL cannot be seen to go against the conclusions reached by NICE and have decided that after 12 weeks of the VLCD LL plan there will be one LCD week where calories will be increased from 500 per day to 1000 per day. In order to achieve this milk will be added to the packs instead of water for that week. Following the 'milk week' you can then go back on to the usual LL plan (for 12 weeks and then have another 'milk week' and then so on and so on..).

Hi thank you for that. Spoke to my CDC and she said it was to do with NICE and that as they only trialled the ss diet for 12 weeks then stopped, so that's all they can approve. Think I will mix and match as have been so unsociable!! Ss when home ss+ when out! Got to get this weight off ! That's the way forward for me.

That is really tough. Big time. You are a better person than me as I wouldn't start before Christmas using excuse after excuse not to! Well done that really took some willpower.

Back