Red Day POT ROAST OF BEEF - (Slow Cooker Recipe)

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
Pot Roast of Beef

3 lb Roast
2 Onions; sliced
3 Potatoes, sliced
½pt Water mixed with beef bovril or 2 red oxo cubes
3 Carrots, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper

Method

Put vegetables in bottom of slow cooker.

Salt and pepper meat, then put in pot.

Add liquid.

Cover and cook on Low 10 to 12 hours. (High: 4 to 5 hours).

Remove meat and vegetables with spatula.

Free on Red and Extra Easy

I just bought a slow cooker and am loving it, this sounds fab, just right for a sunday roast :)

I know this is an old post but just replying to it as I used this recipe today and highly recommend it, haven't ever used a slow cooker before and this was just so easy! Absolutely gorgeous, will be using it regularly.

Thanks to the OP for sharing x

I did this one a couple of weeks ago and it was great, however, I bought a bigger joint this week and it wouldn't fit in our Slow Cooker so had to go out and buy a bigger one. We bought this one - Cookworks Signature 6.5 Litre Slow Cooker. (cat no. 4228826) £19.39 * on argos.co.uk
Buy Cookworks Signature 6.5 Litre Slow Cooker. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

It's huge and fed our family of 7 easily. I did make a few adjustments to the recipe this time though, I didn't put the potatoes in the slow cooker as I made mash when the meat was cooked. I added celery instead and poured over an ample measure of Red Wine too. It was really nice, the whole family loved it.

When I cook beef in the slow cooker I marinade the meat for a couple of hours in beer and onions, a good proper brown ale really adds to the flavour and actually I add a little to the pot as well and syn it. Perhaps three tablespoons. :0) ooo and garlic!!

This sounds great Donnie, im curently making it but with chicken. Its proper watery at the moment but plan on thicking it up with curry powder. Do you have to strain the juice away from the mixture? xx

Hiya, I made something similar last Sunday (before realising there was this recipe!). Cooked the beef with sliced leeks and carrots
I took the beef out, strained the veg from the liquid, then chilled the liquid a bit to enable me to skim off the fat. I then transferred into a pan, and added instant mash to thicken into a gravy along with the sliced leeks. I then served alongside the beef and carrots, with some SF roasties yum yum

Back