Potato Patties

BigChief

This was my attempt to make the potato smileys we all loved as children. It kind of went wrong but it was still tasty and i cant see any mention of them on the forums so enjoy :)

This is also my first post so go easy on me! :confused:

Ingredients

Potatos
1 Egg
Spices and Herbs (Up to u)

Preheat the oven to 200
Spray oven tray with frylite
Peel Potatoes
Boil the potatos til cooked through
Drain and then put back in pot
Mash a bit
Throw in a raw egg and mash some more

(At this point add in any spices or herbs. I myself mixed in 80g of grated half fat cheese, chilly powder, vinegar, pepper, salt and mixed spices)
Mix in herbs and spices.
Grab a fistfull of mash and compress between you hands to make 1-2 cm thick circular patties.
Drop the paties on the oven tray and spray the tops with more frylite
Put into oven for 20-30 minutes
Flip them half way.

If anyone is interested the rest of the meal was Curry sausages (Sold outside my SW) and baked beans.

This meal was completely syn free :) Although ive been told off for forgetting my 1/3 SF :p

This is basically the same way as you do chips but it tastes completely different :)

Last edited:
BigChief said:
Potato Patties
If an admin could change the thread title to Potato Patties would appreciate it :p

This was my attempt to make the potato smileys we all loved as children. It kind of went wrong but it was still tasty and i cant see any mention of them on the forums so enjoy :)

This is also my first post so go easy on me! :confused:

Ingredients

Potatos
1 Egg
Spices and Herbs (Up to u)

Preheat the oven to 200
Spray oven tray with frylite
Peel Potatoes
Boil the potatos til cooked through
Drain and then put back in pot
Mash a bit
Throw in a raw egg and mash some more

(At this point add in any spices or herbs. I myself mixed in 80g of grated half fat cheese, chilly powder, vinegar, pepper, salt and mixed spices)
Mix in herbs and spices.
Grab a fistfull of mash and compress between you hands to make 1-2 cm thick circular patties.
Drop the paties on the oven tray and spray the tops with more frylite
Put into oven for 20-30 minutes
Flip them half way.

If anyone is interested the rest of the meal was Curry sausages (Sold outside my SW) and baked beans.

This meal was completly syn free :)

This is basically the same way as you do chips but it tastes completely different :)

Sounds nice-what were the sausages you had tho? As you say the meal was syn free! If you follow EE(which im guessing you do to have sausage, potato and beans in the same meal-what was your 1/3 SF?
Also, I think you can change the thread title yourself :)
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Sounds nice-what were the sausages you had tho? As you say the meal was syn free! If you follow EE(which im guessing you do to have sausage, potato and beans in the same meal-what was your 1/3 SF?
Also, I think you can change the thread title yourself :)
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

You are very right :p
I only attually noticed that mushy peas and beans were free not superfree shortly after writing that recipe :) As i say im new and a really thought that beans would have been superfree but.... :p

Looks like i will be putting in more revision time on my SW book :)

The sausages were Curry Sausages i don't actually know much more than that :p They are sold right outside my SW and are sanctioned by my C and that good enough for me :)

Sometimes if I have some vegetables left over (maybe sprouts, carrots peas etc) I mash them up with some stiff mashed potato and form them into patties and fry them (using fry-lite naturally) until golden brown on each side and warmed right through. Very good with eggs & bacon for breakfast, or instead of boring plain mash.
Another thing I did a couple of days ago was add some cheese and chive cottage cheese to my mash when making a shepherds pie for tea.

Sounds yum!

Back