Potato Salad Recipe

Debs1972

MiniMins Addict
Not sure if this is the right place for this, apologies if not. I am desperate to find a nice potato salad recipe. I googled it and have found so many variations, some with bacon, others with egg etc, does anyone know an original recipe.

Debs

The recipe my dad and I use is,

About half a dozen of medium sized, boiled potatoes (Great if you have eaten potatoes the night before, and have some left over) a about a table spoon of parsley and 3 table spoons of low fat mayo (Though you can use salad cream or just plain cream for different tastes. I would just eye it though, and make as much as you think you need.

The recipe my dad and I use is,

About half a dozen of medium sized, boiled potatoes (Great if you have eaten potatoes the night before, and have some left over) a about a table spoon of parsley and 3 table spoons of low fat mayo (Though you can use salad cream or just plain cream for different tastes. I would just eye it though, and make as much as you think you need.

thanks popup

so you basically just do potatoes and mayo.

I tasted one years ago and it was to die for. I like the idea of adding some onion and a bit of black pepper, was just very unsure about adding egg

I've used this Weight Watchers recipe before and it is nice and not too naughty! I always add a little light mayo too as it makes it even nicer.

Ingredients

500g New Potatoes
4 tablespoons low fat natural yoghurt
100g medium/light soft cheese
6 spring onions
Mint
Pinch salt
Black pepper

Cook potatoes in boiling, lightly salted water until just tender - about 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, mix together the yogurt and low fat soft cheese in a large bowl. Stir in the spring onions.

Drain the potatoes and let them cool for a few minutes, then add them to the dressing with the chopped mint or parsley. Stir gently to mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then serve, garnished with mint or parsley sprigs.

I found one on facebook slimming world recipe swap and its...
POTATO SALAD
SYN VALUE ½ (DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH MAYON YOU USE)
Ingredient:
New potatoes
Extra light mayonnaise (1/2 SYN PER LEVEL TBSPN)
Natural fat free fromage frais
Chopped fresh chives
Celery
Spring onions
METHOD:
1) Cook the boiled potatoes and leave them to cool.
2) Chop them into small diced cubes.
3) Mix with the extra light mayonnaise, chopped spring onions, fresh chives and for that extra bit of crunch add the celery.

I made it for the jubilee street party and its yummy!!!

By the way added fromage frais to mayo before adding other ingredients :)

Add a chopped boiled egg. Yummy

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I use fromage frais with a spoonful of extra light mayo and a spoon of extra light salad cream and a teaspoon of wholegrain mustard to make a lovely creamy sauce to mix with potatoes and chopped spring onions!!

Back