Potato skin snack

toddleo

This is hardly a recipe and is so obvious I can't believe that I haven't tried it before!

Next time you peel a load of potatoes to make mash, or roasts or whatever, save the peelings and dry them on kitchen paper. Season with salt and pepper or similar and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Cook at about 200 for 15 mins, so crispy and lovley and moreish!

toddleo said:
This is hardly a recipe and is so obvious I can't believe that I haven't tried it before!

Next time you peel a load of potatoes to make mash, or roasts or whatever, save the peelings and dry them on kitchen paper. Season with salt and pepper or similar and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Cook at about 200 for 15 mins, so crispy and lovley and moreish!

You can freeze these too just reheat from frozen x

Dodgy one, yes in that it's free food however unless it's part of a meal then you would need to syn it.

Try having it with superfree soup, or dip and it's free x

Shirleen said:
Dodgy one, yes in that it's free food however unless it's part of a meal then you would need to syn it.

Try having it with superfree soup, or dip and it's free x

Or just do a green day for a change then it's free by itself

Personally I would not SYN these if your just having a portion or even 2 a day as why more than having a sandwich for lunch and then having your muller ( as pud) two hours later!
As long as you incorporate it with one of your planned meals
Also I suggest you should not use max points daily as everyone tends to under estimate points and they creep in without a blowout day easily!

Welshtigger said:
Surely it could still be classed as food abuse on a green day-it's a tough one

I don't see why it would. potatoes are free and Sw make a big deal of telling us to fill up on free food - as long as you are hungry then why not enjoy them. You have to satisfy your appetite in many ways to make any eating plan work long term, and let's face it, sometimes only stodgy carbs will do. It is better than chocolate or crisps whichever way you look at it.

TinselAngel said:
I don't see why it would. potatoes are free and Sw make a big deal of telling us to fill up on free food - as long as you are hungry then why not enjoy them. You have to satisfy your appetite in many ways to make any eating plan work long term, and let's face it, sometimes only stodgy carbs will do. It is better than chocolate or crisps whichever way you look at it.

Yeah, potato would be free as part of a meal, but if you're peeling them and crisping up the peel to eat as a snack, it would be classed as food abuse-as the food isn't been used in its original form-same as cous cous cake and lasagne 'Doritos'

Definitely gonna try this, thanks.

These sound amazing for a great ;) definitely going to try these xx

Back