powdered sweetener

emily4amanda

Well, I just treat myself to a lovely cup of coffee at my local coffee shop and they didn't have tablet sweetener! So I had to have sweet and low, the powdered kind :coffee: wonder if it will effect my ketosis after being bad the other night? :whistle:

Well i know they say you shouldnt have it Emily but i dont reckon it will have that much of an effect on you're ketones do you? ive started to carry a pack of tablet sweetners in my handbag though, just in case im in that exact positon!! :D

I carry sweeteners too. The powdered type did kick me out of ketosis but one serving should be ok :D To be honest it doesn't take much to kick me out :(

Yeah I should do that, it was a last minute thing tho, Il definately be prepared next time x

hi lovely ladies, whilst we are n the topic of sweetener, can anyone tell me which is the nicest? i really am not a fan of sweetener and some brands seem to be much worse than others...

Hi Jo, my favorite at the moment is Canderel or tesco's own brand (red dispenser ) I was using sweetex but I have gone off them :sign0137:

Hi Emily,

One packet shouldn't kick you off. For instance, Atkins is a ketosis based diet and you can have three packs a day in induction and you're fine. The bad thing about it is that the sweetners can create cravings. But i'm sure you'll be fine. I need to buy the tablets too. My market hasn't had them both times I went. ARGH. I really liked Hermaseta tablets.

Have you tried to get by without sweetener? I couldn't drink coffee without sweetener or sugar in it but on TFR I just forced myself to and in the end I just got used to it. I've started having sweetener and skimmed milk in coffee again now I'm on refeed but I had a black coffee at the football this afternoon with no sweetener and it still tasted fine like that.

I couldn't do black sugarless tea though so I fully understand it's not for everyone.

Mr. C I love your little art work thing!!! :p I don't have coffee or tea very often now at all, but used to have 3 sweeteners!!!! I only have 2 now as 3 is just too sweet so I know it's making a difference to my taste buds. May cut down to one but I can't see me having non :eek:

Be careful about powdered sweetener as they contain a small amount of actual sugar to make it grainy. Once you didn't have loads you should be ok but it might be a good idea to pick up some tablet sweeteners so you can be prepared in the future :)

Back