Power Plate

Lou

Silver Member
Oh my what a fantastic piece of kit. A full body work out takes 15 minutes and it's the equivalent of doing thousands of repetitions. I'm going to be thin and toned, wahooooo :D

I got one of these last year. Never bothered with it. How long have u been using it?

I've only just started a programme at the gym. It's unbelievable, how you can feel your muscles working.

Have a look here Vibration training reduces cellulite and helps body toning - Powerplate they're expensive to buy, but they've got two in our gym. You literally just stand/squat on them and they work your muscles thousands of times over. You can feel it working, but you don't get hot and sweaty or out of breath. I went with full make up on and looked just as good after my 15 minute work out as I did when I got there. Totally awesome

We've bought a package for £55 which includes a personal one to one training session with a gym expert and then 10 fifteen minutes sessions. That's probably on the expensive side though as everything is expensive over here on the rock.

I love it, it's like totally cheating at getting fit, but I don't care, I want a nice toned body now all the fat is disappearing:D

I'm not sure these power plate things are any good for blokes though. I would imagine that the vibrations you feel through your body could be a little too much, if you get my drift :giggle:

I'm not sure these power plate things are any good for blokes though. I would imagine that the vibrations you feel through your body could be a little too much, if you get my drift :giggle:

haha lou!!!!

My friend has one of these in her spare room that she never uses - iv never thought about using it whilst on lt though! good idea batman! :)

Yea my friend next door has one she got last year, we use it a few times a week... They do them in chartbusters too and some saloon's as well or the best would be to go to a power plate class and they show you great excersises whilst on it... My brother rented one out too, only working out at 20 a week

Ive only ever used mine a few times and didnt really feel anything working. Id be interested in doing a session somewhere to see im doin it right. Yeah theres a firm that rents it out in my area for £50 for 5 weeks, which if it works is good. I paid £300 for mine,

My bum hurts.... and my legs...... and my arms. I'm going back Friday for another session :)

Lol you must be a sucker for pain!

It's a nice pain though, cos I know that my bingo wings are a tiny bit less bingoish than yesterday and I literally just stood there whilst this machine did all the work.

Oh my gym does them they look fab. I havent got the confidence to go use them yet as I am worried about all my wobbly bits lol. But fingers crossed I shall be able to soon. Good luck with yours.

Well, the sun is shining and I'm really feeling I want to start back at the gym now. Have to get some new gym bottoms......Matalan, here I come!!!!

Oh my gym does them they look fab. I havent got the confidence to go use them yet as I am worried about all my wobbly bits lol. But fingers crossed I shall be able to soon. Good luck with yours.

My sister came with me yesterday and wobbly bits were her biggest concern, so much so that she was physically shaking when we got there, as she was so scared that she'd be wobbling like a jelly on a plate and be totally embarrassed.

The vibrations are so slight and quick ( min 30 vibes per second) that you don't wobble at all. My sister was so pleased that she even took off her trackie top and stood on there in a vest top with her wings on display. Not a wobble in sight.

My advice would be get one of the instructors to give you a one to one and show you all the exercises. They're really easy but very effective. Can't wait for Friday :D

My sister came with me yesterday and wobbly bits were her biggest concern, so much so that she was physically shaking when we got there, as she was so scared that she'd be wobbling like a jelly on a plate and be totally embarrassed.

The vibrations are so slight and quick ( min 30 vibes per second) that you don't wobble at all. My sister was so pleased that she even took off her trackie top and stood on there in a vest top with her wings on display. Not a wobble in sight.

My advice would be get one of the instructors to give you a one to one and show you all the exercises. They're really easy but very effective. Can't wait for Friday :D

Yeah that was my biggest worry but if thats the case I think I will give them a go. Thanks :D

yes read a magazine and denise welch was saying how fab they were and she had managed to lose a stone in a month by using the power plate and doing other exercise.

My mum bought one of these a while ago - still haven't used it though as I'm not sure where to start. :(

Is it like doing all your stretches, squats etc while standing on the thing? Has anyone noticed a difference since using it?

Back