Cruise PP Prawns

curvygirlie

Does anyone know if we can eat an unlimited amount of prawns on cruise PP? I don't have cholesterol problems, so other than that issue can I eat as much as I want?

no idea but nice to see you back

According to the book, all shellfish are unlimited. I have them every Saturday night (Saturdays are steak night in our house!) when I have a surf & turf :D

p.s. spotted you measured your visceral fat in your signature block... what is it, how do you measure it & what does it mean?? :)

'tis good to be back - let me tell thee.... x

thanks for the heads up on shellfish BTW

Visceral fat is the fat that u can't see - which surrounds your internal organs (heart, liver etc) and it's far more dangerous to have high levels of visceral fat than the subcutaneous fat (the fat that lies just under your skin. )

I measure mine with my MiBody fat analyser scales

Salter MiBody

i think they're about £50

visceral, fat has been linked to heart disease, type II diabetes, hypertension and stroke -- and even thin people can have it. My hubby is quite muscular, hardly any fat on him to look at but his visceral fat level is about 14 whereas 1-12 is healthy so he needs to stop eating biscuits (in front of me!)

Jess, what do you add to the prawns when you have them? I was thinking about just throwing them in a very hot pan with a touch of garlic and salt.

any suggestions? x

curvygirlie said:
Jess, what do you add to the prawns when you have them? I was thinking about just throwing them in a very hot pan with a touch of garlic and salt.

any suggestions? x

I just eat em as they come (but i do buy cooked ones lol) - or sometimes a bit balsamic vinegar! Id avoid adding salt if at all poss! Good luck!

I'm off balsamic vinegar at the moment, had it so often as a sauce for my chicken that I just can't face it anymore! :yuk:

I do garlic and a some dried chili if you have it :) Or garlic, parsley, black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Or garlic, lime juice, finely chopped chilli and fresh coriander.

Yes, I like prawns!

any suggestions? x

I started making this spicy prawn soup (super-easy) 1st time around and still eat it! Basically on PP days, its just small bit of onion, prawns, low-salt chicken broth cube, cayenne pepper, salt/pepper, and Shirataki Noodles all in a soup (I dry-fry the onions to start).

On PV days - I usually add asparagus tips (or green beans if no asparagus) and Tabasco Sauce. I love it! That's totally my go-to meal on PP days after Conso.

There's also a nice sweet chili sauce recipe in the recipe threads (its the one titled "updated often.") That's good too with a salad.

Now there's a challenge in itself...finding shirataki noodles that don't cost the earth and are not out of stock on every website that I try . :-(

Back