Pregnancy

Jenny_b

Gold Member
what happens if i get pregnant while on LP? Do i just stop straight away or do maintenance?

only asking because although we're not actively trying, if it happens it happens kinda thing. ideally would like to get to target before getting pregnant again.

thing is - im a day or 2 late, might mean nothing but im usually really regular every 28days. was thinking losing weight mightve messed up my system slightly.

worse part is i wont know till im almost 7 weeks pregnant. (long story but basically im abnormal)

x x

I know a lot of the ladies on here have screwed up cycles because of LT? Some are on constantly, some haven't had a period in months, and some have fallen pg!! There was 3 in one week 2wks ago!!
Would a test not show for you before 7wks?

hi

Hi Jenny

Awwww I hope you are.. ! so wont say congrats yet... but withooo... ;O)

I have heard sooooooooooo many people who have gotten pregnant when they are in process of loosing weight.. (not on LT just normal weight loss)

I am sure you might see some clues over the next couple of weeks (regardless of test)

I found out I'm pregnant 2 weeks ago and I just came off LT, I'm not sure if I should have done refeed or what, I didn't even think to ask, I just panicked and thought "Oh goodness" and just came off. I think the best thing to do, would be to ask your pharmacist on what to do if you find out you're pregnant. But for me, coming straight off felt right but whether that was the most sensible option, I'm not sure.

hi jenny, why not try the lipotrim website to see if that gives you any advice,, failing that give them a ring it`s always handy talking to someone in person.. gl hun xx

I was doing LighterLife in 2006 - only managed just over a week and then found out I was expecting. Managed to lose 9lb in the first week - no wonder I felt so shocking! I stopped straight away and only put one and a half stone on whilst pregnant. x

Best get the expert advice on that. Baby's health is the most important. Check with your pharmacist.

A Pregnancy thread would not be complete without my post lol.

It is either late, your pregnant or LT has messed up your cycle. I hope that which ever one of these is your preferred scenario that it works out for you.

I usually dont get periods they are non existant and 3 weeks ago I started spotting and for the past 2 days It has been very heavy. Today was a nightmare as I was out all day and I was very upset because it caused alot of inconvenience for me. So as you can see, we can never know for sure until you either get a period or get pregnant.

:)

I would say youd be fine following the refeed as it is healty stuff to be eating, maybe just eat a little more of what it advises to eat... have a chat with with the chemist and they would know best...

whatever you do start taking folic acid now, several people have found that the vlcd has kick started their fertility. If you are pregnant it's very important you take folic acid for the first 12 weeks as it significantly reduces the chance of the baby getting spina bifida

thanks for all ur replies, angel-bum ive been taking folic acid for about 2 yrs as been pregnant several times in this period.

id love to be pregnant now, nothing like growing a baby. its the most amazing feeling in the world.

still nothing 2day, my husband is getting excited, im not cuz i'll be so disappointed if it turns out im just late this month. god im so impatient.

will keep u lot updated.

x x

Hi

I also did LL in 2006 in Rochdale! did you have Sally Orrell as your leader?? Lost two stone but had to stop as it was so expensive!

Ooooh fingers crossed for you that you are expecting. I would love a baby, but im alot overweight (hence LT) and i have PCOS...so it doesnt look promising. just hope that losing some weight will kick start my fertility too!! xx

Back