Pregnant and back on the wagon

KellyC

Hi All

I've used this site for information in the past but haven't really posted but would like to join in if that's ok? :)

I lost 2.5 stone last year at a SW class but stopped going to class and fell off the wagon bit style when I got pregnant! I'm now 15 weeks gone (with my third) and have put on practically all the weight I lost last year. I can't believe it and am so cross with myself! So I'm starting again but, for the moment at least, not going to class and I thought this would be a great place to get support and ideas.

Anybody else pregnant and following the plan? How have you found your weight's changed over the course of your pregnancy? I wonder if anybody else is as hungry as I am - I'm literally starving hungry every couple of hours!

I'm going for Green days at the moment because of the vast amount of food I can 'legally' eat ;)

Kelly x

Hi and congratulations on your pregnancy. Not sure about weightlosses whilst pregnant as i fell off the wagon big style when i was pregnant with dd and am now trying to make up for it. Though there was a woman on gmtv a few weeks back who lost 8st during her pregnancy:eek:

Good luck, even if you maintain it's worth it xx

I don't think actively trying to lose weight whilst pregnant is advisable, however following the principals of SW and especially making sure you get in your healthy extras every day will certainly make sure you and your baby are as healthy as possible and limit gaining too much "unncessary" weight. Then when you have had the baby, you can forge ahead with getting rid of any excess weight you might have.

If you are hungry every couple of hours, then eat every couple of hours, maybe instead of 3 main meals go for 6 smaller meals during the day? As long as they are protein/calcium/fruit/veg based it will surpress the hunger for a while and give your body all the nutrients that it needs at this special time.

Hi and congratulations.

I would recommend that you attend class even just once as the leader can give you a booklet on food optimising for mums-to-be. I know sw follow the guidance of the Royal College of Midwives to ensure they provide appropriate advice. Providing your midwife or doctor is happy for you to follow a healthy eating plan then there is no problem following sw when pregnant, just check with midwife on the latest recommendations on diet for pregnant women.

I've not had any children myself, but last year was in a class with a lady who kept healthy and lost weight safely and had a healthy baby at the end.

Vanda

Thanks all for your replies.

I have the SW booklet for pregnant/breastfeeding mothers as I was breastfeeding my second little one until very recently. There's actually no change to the plan during pregnancy but once you're breastfeeding you get a trillion or so extra Healthy Extras - can't wait!

The reason I'm not going (back!) to class at the moment is that we're moving house in 10 days to a new town. I will probably go to the class there eventually but we've got too much going on right now.

I always use all my Healthy Extras and always use 15 syns so I'm not doing anything different during pregnancy than I would at other times, so it'll be interesting to see what my weight does do over the next 6 months (and where it is after I've given birth!). I put on 4 stone (or so!) with both my other pregnancies and worked so hard to lose all of that and a bit more. I really don't want to be back where I started :sigh:

I have no qualms following the plan whilst pregnant as I don't deprive myself of anything (except junk!) and it's really just a healthy way of eating.

Kelly x

Hiya!

I am 15 weeks pregnant and have been threatening to get back on plan for a while now. I suffered quite badly with morning sickness for first trimester so haven't eaten too well through the pregnancy so far! I am keen to start eating more healthily for me and my baby and am desperate to only put on a healthy amount of weight as I have gone into this pregnancy nearly 3 stones overweight!!! Have put on about 5 pounds so far and my plan is to get back on the plan tomorrow! Will be great to have another pregnant lady to share the journey with x x

Back