Pregnant and Fat!!

sharxx

Silver Member
Last week I found out I was pregnant (currently 10 weeks 1day)
I am 37 with a 14 year old son!!!! I thought my baby making days where over. I have pcos, have been emotionally and financially crippled paying for ivf, and put on a massive amout of weight... I guess all off the above not the best recipe for baby making!! Xx

Have spoken to midwife, and one of the Doctors from my consultants team (classed as high risk due to weight and age) they have agreed I can and should continue to try and lose weight during pregnancy . Luckily I work in the hospital so had access to them as soon as I found out.. I am currently with ww but sadly not allowed to do while pregnant, ... have been advised to look into sw. Just waiting for booking in app, this Wednesday to speak to my midwife about all of above..... As it is I am having dreadful morning sickness!! So am losing a lot of weight. Know not to worry, was the same 15 years ago, and have lots of weight to lose x

Congrats on your pregnancy and I feel for you Wotan the sickness not nice company. Am 19 weeks preg and doing slimming world when I follow it to the letter I loose weight I need to loose a stone and half to be at ideal weight but if I can minimise my gain through preg ill be happy. Sw is great plan and you will never go hungry

Have my booking in app tomorrow, so will see if the midwife will ok slimming world. The sickness is horrid, but as i don't feel ill its all manageable. I am trying to remember when i was last pregnant, but was such a long time ago (15 years) i have totally forgot.....
I feel a little sad, all the years of trying, ivf fertility drugs etc etc, i ensured i was a healthy weight. Now i am actually pregnant and i am dangerously overweight....... feeling rather guilty x

Aww hun congrats on the pregnancy - try not to feel too guilty! Being overweight definitely isn't the worst thing you could be whilst falling pregnant - obviously your body was ready and healthy enough to fertalise an egg. Good luck for your booking tomorrow - just be completely honest about everything and hopefully your midwife will support you doing SW , I think they are currently the only diet that have an option for pregnant women so she should be supportive

eeeep I'm so excited to see you posting in here gorgeous!

Can't wait for all the exciting pregnancy stuff for you! and who knows, maybe I'll be posting in here later next year!

I'm so happy for you lovely and so super proud! I know your pregnancy has been making you feel like death, but can't wait to see you hold your baby boy/girl in a few months time!!!!!

Love you millions!

xxx

That was so so nice xxxx thank you x I think with your determination you will be here ASAP!!!! Feel Rotten, trying not to complain to much!! But in the back of my mind I know it's a good sign...as you know we have only told Dylan and our parents.. Well on the 30th we are going for 12 week scan, so have decided to use the pic from that as a Xmas card to tell the rest of the family... X

oh thats such a cute idea shar! when me and tim first started trying depending on the time of year, would depend how we told them we have about 6 different ways to tell them haha!

I'm glad dylan is happy about it and I'm sure everyone else will be as happy for you as I am lovely.

Hiya,
Congrats on your pregnancy! Seems like its been a long time coming, so enjoy it and don't let any feelings of guilt take this moment away from you! With the weight loss front, i'm not sure if you know this but if your BMI is above 30 they give you free vouchers for SW and WW (with WW only if you are not pregnant) - when i went to see my doctor i said i was worried about gaining even more weight and the possible complications it might bring when i was already obese and she referred me to the practice nurse who gives me the free vouchers and checks in with me every 4-6 weeks.
Good luck x

Ok 12 weeks today, i have lost over a stone since i have found out!!!! Not through trying just purely morning sickness. Have been diagnosed with Hyperemesis gravidarum!!! So trying my best with the help of buccal antiemetic tablets to keep food down. Have to say its helped......I have my scan next Friday so so excited, have planned to go for a meal after, make the day of it.

How is it going shar

We want another child but I'm also large and mature.

Please update

Hi well I have hit the 22 week mark, and finally stopped vomiting!!! Know it sounds insane but just focused on the fact the hormones are a good thing.. I last weighed in at 17lb 12 at clinic. I am having consultant lead care due to my size, but so far no issues at all!! Was a little upset as I could not go to the local midwife lead birthing centre, where they have the lovely rooms, and water birth facilities .. Booked into the local hospital. I am also getting a closer eye kept on me due to age, and so far txt book pregnancy, I have refused the nuchal scan, after lots of talking with husband we decided even if the baby has Down syndrome we would def be keeping, so we thought why put ourselves through the worry of knowing how high a risk we are!!
I have pcos, is this the same for you??
I think there is more of a difference being pregnant at my age, when I had my son at 22 I was more uptight!! Not sure if I have mellowed with age, or if I just less worried as I know what to expect (from what I can remember)!! Xx I hope your journey trying to conceive is a positive one
x I have noticed at clinic there does seem to be a lot of mums my age and older xx

Thougt i would jump in and say hi, im 25 weeks pregnant and was on these forums doing ww before, had good success but got pregnant and stpped, im not restarting as iv gained 1 stone 7lbs already! Not happy, good luck!

Back