Pregnant and living abroad

SaraGM

Hi all, I am 23 nearly 24 weeks pregnant with my 3rd son and I live in Spain. In Spain they are very very strict with weight gain during pregnancy and every midwife visit you are weighed. With my other two pregnancies this was never the case but with Luis (6) and Max (3) I was so sick I actually lost a stone before the weight gain started and in total with both boys I only gained 2 stone, this time however I was not as sick and did not loose any weight initially now just over half way I have already gained 1 stone 7 Ibs and my midwife has told me basically no more weight gain!!!!

I have done Slimming World so many times over the years but never when pregnant and would like advice about the best way to go about it.

I put on 3 stone with my 1st daughter (9 stone to 12 stone) and went from 9st to 11st 10 with my 2nd. That was 19 years ago!! I ate sensibly and swam a lot but that was my gain anyway!!

Stop letting them bully you - eat healthily and walk/swim when you can and enjoy your pregnancy!! xx

Back