Pregnant!!!??

Hello all.

Well I am 6 weeks into TS and had my AAM week last week which I really enjoyed. The main reason I started this was because my husband and I really want to start a family but, being overweight I was sure this was going to be difficult - we have been actively trying for a couple of years now with not even the slightest hint of a little red line....until today!!! :)

Now, I know it's still very early days but I feel that having a positive test it a real step forward! The only issue is I am not really sure what to do food wise! I know I cannot stay on TS now buts just wanted to see if any other ladies out there has found themselves pregnant whilst on this?

Any advise would be appreciated.

xx

Massive congratulations. You really need to eat healthy. I ate whatever I wanted when I was pregnant and I'm suffering for it now. Massive 5 st gain.
If you need to be on a 'diet' then slimming world will help you maintain rather than lose weight.
Slimming world is more about healthy eating. I always think.
The next time I have a baby I will follow my own advice lol :)
Good luck with your pregnancy journey! :)

Hello all.

Well I am 6 weeks into TS and had my AAM week last week which I really enjoyed. The main reason I started this was because my husband and I really want to start a family but, being overweight I was sure this was going to be difficult - we have been actively trying for a couple of years now with not even the slightest hint of a little red line....until today!!! :)

Now, I know it's still very early days but I feel that having a positive test it a real step forward! The only issue is I am not really sure what to do food wise! I know I cannot stay on TS now buts just wanted to see if any other ladies out there has found themselves pregnant whilst on this?

Any advise would be appreciated.

xx

Congratulations! Vlcd seem to have that side affect! But as far as I am aware ketosis is not safe for baby. Slimming world is well used during pregnancies x

Whooo! Congrats!

I ate what I wanted and put on loads of weight in my pregnancies - 4st for the first and 5st for the 2nd.

Maybe chat to your doctor for advice as you really don't want to harm the baby.

Congratulations :)

You'll need to come off Exante straight away you can't do a VLCD when you're pregnant. The SW section on minis has a pregnancy thread and there's a pregnancy forum too :)

What lovely news
I would agree with the others. Join WW or SW whilst your pregnant. Just sell your remaining exante on ebay.:)

Thank you all so much! It's still just sinking in!

Apologies for the TMI coming up but when we were 'trying' previously for the last few years we used to do the deed quite often. However when I started exante 6 weeks ago, we put trying on hold and actually have only done the deed once in the last 6 weeks! I am assuming that one time did the trick!

I have come off exante now and am eating healthily. It's strange eating carbs again but I am sticking to healthy ones and eating lots of fruit and veg. I am going to look into starting SW - I've been on it several times before and know you can get a good balanced diet on it.

I just need to stop worrying now, honestly I always think the worst is going to happen and it's driving my husband nuts! I thought id never get pregnant and now I am convincing myself something's going to go wrong. :( I am just going to eat well, take folic acid supplements, do gentle exercise - and the rest is out of my hands.

I will take a look on the pregnancy boards here too, thanks for the suggestion.

I am going to keep lurking around here too to see how you are all getting on! xxx

Back