Preparation for CD

Alfielulu

Hi

I am due to start on 9th jan and my CDC (not met yet) has advised me to up my water intake and decrease my carbs before then. I've never done this or any meal replacement before.

I've started to increase my water but am storing it all instead of going to the loo! I'm having trouble finding substitutes for bread and potatoes but it's only a week I guess.

Has anyone got any suggestions of what else I should be doing in preparation? I've thrown out the Xmas chocolate and my husband has hidden the biscuits. Ive even cancelled the take away for NYE! I do the food shopping online to stop me buying stuff I don't need. Any other tricks or tips?

Finally I can't decide between ss+ and 810 - what extra can you have on 810? I thought maybe do that for a week before moving to ss+?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Not sure on your questions as I Am only starting today :) I have been out on 4 packs a day with food which is fine by me as I am
Sick of looking at food.

I lost alot of weight low carbing never
Found a replacement for bread but for potato I used to mash cauliflower or swede. Also rice you can grate fresh cauliflower and put in a bowl and cover with a plate and put in the microwave for 5 mins :) tastes great and when there
Is a sauce on it you really wouldn't know the difference x

thanks I will try that

Cauli mash isn't bad though I always ended up making it too wet.

Try making chips out of butternut squash or celeriac if you're missing roasties.

Though I wouldn't worry too much about cutting down on your carbs if you're finding it tricky. The idea is that it won't take as long for you to get into ketosis - which is good, cos once you're in ketosis you don't feel quite so ravenously hungry.

But the majority of us go into this diet cold turkey (ha! how very topical!). I'd take 'cutting down on your carbs' to mean having one slice of bread instead of two and one potato instead of three, if you see what I mean. There's round about the same number of carbs in a medium slice of bread as there is in a shake and you'll be having 3 or 4 of those a day once you start the diet.

So cut down - as it sounds like you're doing anyway! - rather than cut out. Unless you fancy experimenting with cauli mash and rice (I just ended up grating my fingers on the cheese grater... ;)).

Back