Preparing baguettes for kids lunch...kill me now!!!

Nataley

Ok I'm on day 3 of the 810 plan and not in ketosis yet (just checked wee). Preparing the kids lunch and almost wanna cry!!! And we're going to a barbq tonight. Feel so lethargic today and for the first time since I started, I'm craving carbs! Help!

I will become the person I am in my head!!!

Eating is cheating ;-)

Keep at it Nataley!! With 810 you get a little meal per day right? can you split it in two and have something now, and something later at the BBQ?

Well I'm at the barbq now and have my portion of chicken being grilled in the oven lol. Might eat that now and a bit of salad later....this is taking all of my willpower! How long does this low mood last? I was feeling great on days 1 & 2.....

Eating is cheating ;-)

Day 4 was my worst too - came off a week of night shifts and looked after my friend's kids all day (who sat around munching crisps and biscuits and asked for pizza and chips for their tea), then went off to a 40th birthday where the host's mum is a chef and had made ridiculous amounts of amazing food and desserts... aaaaargh! Spent the evening clutching my 500ml bottle of San Pelegrino sparkling water as if it was the elixir of life :D
But I survived, and the very next day went into ketosis - on top of the world after that, especially when first weigh-in showed it had all paid off :)
Feeling very smug that everyone at the party who ate loads of cheesecake probably all woke up feeling sick and fat, ha ha.
Stick to it Nataley... oh and Tilly, eggs was one of my cravings too so I changed to SS+ and had a couple for breakfast - haven't wanted them since!

Thanks folks! I've just woke up to day 4 so ill see how I fare today! Managed to stick at it yesterday, despite he negativity from my family about the diet an despite the gorgeous barbq food
Tested my wee yesterday and still no ketosis :-( hoping it will happen today cuz my weigh in is tues night (6 day week this time).

Eating is cheating ;-)

Omg I just read that as 'tasted my wee' :D Tested, yes that's better lol
How was day 4? I went into ketosis on day 5 - didn't need wee sticks, could tell from the sweet taste in my mouth, the thirst, the boost of energy and the sudden lack of interest in food.
Family negativity is incredibly frustrating isn't it? You'd think friends and family would want to be supportive in whatever you've chosen to try (unless it's smoking crack or something, obviously!)
I haven't used the words 'Cambridge Diet' yet when I've told anyone. I've told my partner I'm on a meal replacement plan that my GP approves of that will help me change the types of food I'll crave in the future. My daughter is 18 and she googled 'Cambridge Diet' as soon as she spotted the shake packs lol... but I've reassured her that it's a temporary measure to help me reintroduce foods over the next 12 weeks and teach me to have a better relationship with eating. Anyone else, I've either not told them or just said I'm 'watching my weight'. It's annoying to have to tread so carefully just so that no one criticises your efforts - there are diet saboteurs out there everywhere!
Good luck Tuesday night - mine's Tuesday morning, we can do it!

Please remember NO food talk in the 100% section

Thread moved to main forum

Sorry I have no idea what I'm meant to post where?!!! *newbie* I will learn tho I'm sure :) x

Eating is cheating ;-)

Ooh I didn't know about that either Nataley - I'll be careful where I use the 'ch****c***' word next time ;)

Lol

On day 5th
Feeling ok and lost some weight too ! So happy days
I'm on 3 a day
How do you recognise when you are in ketosis ? I'm not feeling hungry but feeling time to time like. I would love to munch something lol
X

That sounds like you are in ketosis if you are not hungry all the time now. Did you get any of the sticks to pee on that change colour when you are in ketosis?

We were training the new staff to use urine sticks today (I work in health care) so I put in an anonymous sample to see if anyone would pick up on the ketones! Happily I was 'dark purple' at the top of the scale :) It baffled the other staff though!

Dark purple definitely isn't where you should be......it should be rosy pink x

Yes mine was the hird pink today which is unusual...more water!!
I'm using one of either the first 2 pinks.

Gosh I didn't know that :( I've been drinking around 3.5 litres a day so unlikely to be dehydrated. I might order some sticks and test at some different times of day, hopefully the dark shade was a one-off.

Back