Preparing for a break

Memphis

In a few weeks time I have a romantic weekend away booked with my OH. This has been booked for some time and is to be our effective summer holiday this year, as money is tight.

So far I have been on SS 100% for three weeks now. I don't want to sabotage all my good efforts, but I also want to be able to sit in a restaurant with my OH and enjoy a glass of wine in the evening.

I spoke to my CDC about this and she suggested changing my plan the week before, to ready my metabolism.

My plan for the weekend away would be to have my food packs for breakfast and lunch, then have an Atkins type meal for dinner...and a little wine.

What does everyone think? Am I likely to gain doing this?

Has anyone done anything similar? What did you do in the week before?

Hi Memphis

I was thinking about these situations also and am nervous about the conventional food thing also after all this is why we are here isn't it.........I think your plan is sensible and will work. Please update us when you have done it and the effect as it is handy to have for ref............we have the same weightloss and started the same time ..........oh and both live in Bonnie Scotland..............lol.x

go easy on the wine when in ketosis honey. it's a bit of a nightmare for some people and can be dangerous. i think if you have a little food in you you should be ok, but i can't even drink half a glass when in ketosis without wanting to fall over.

just a friendly warning :D

have a fantastic time :)

abz xx

Hey...
It sounds like you have been looking foward to this break . and I know lots of people have a break and jump straight back on after.. It sounds like you are going to go for the healthy option which is good.. Im not sure about he wine though. I know people say it can be dangerous if your in ketosis...

I am going to Euro disney over the bank holiday with family, I am on ss and just going to stick with it.. as Im too nervous not too. x

hello there,

I have a similar situation with 8 days work trip coming up- my counsellor has advised me that if I am going to "eat" and won't be able to strictly monitor my meals (even chicken salads etc) that there most likely will be a small gain, as for example if you order salad the dressing will have carbs in it, and probably tip you out of ketosis.

So don't want to be all doom n gloom, but better to expect the worst, then know you will get it off quick with SS. Enjoy your romantic break!

Thanks everyone. You are all of course, totally right. Best to take it easy and resolve to lose any weight I gain. In an ideal world I could do this and stay the same that week, but if that's not possible then it's not a catastrophe. The fact I've managed to lose nearly a stone in a fortnight is miracle enough without trying to bend the rules of physics!

Back