Preparing for Dukan

lauramumof2

I'm going to try Dukan. I've tried weight watchers. I managed it 7 years ago but now with kids I need something different. Recent weight watchers attempts have failed.
I've downloaded the dukan book and hopefully will get through a lot of it through the weekend.

Hope to get to know you and read about your dukan experiences :)

Good luck with starting Dukan! It's actually easier than you think it will be! I just finished my 5 day 'Attack' and lost 5lb :)

Good luck!

- like you I was successful with weightwatchers 7 years ago, but then was involved in an accident that left me disabled for some years, and put it all back on. Tried weightwatchers again, and never managed to lose more than a few lbs.

I've found Dukan easy, tasty and very very effective so far.

Hi, Laura. Dukan is much more strict and restrictive than WW, but many of us (including myself) have had great results with it - even when other diets have failed. So I think it's worth it. Also, the strict rules can actually be easier to stick to than a more relaxed regime.

Have a good read of the book and then start a diary in the diary section for chronicling your progress. It can be helpful if you post your daily menus, too, so that you can get advice on any potential dangers and make sure that you're on the right track.

Good luck, and welcome! :)

Thanks. I think a stricter diet will help. I found weight watchers too open. I also had trouble working the points into my nightshifts.

I hear you on the night shift problem - I am out of the house from 7am to 9pm, and on weightwatchers I was starving hungry when I got home.

Dukan is a bit stricter - but I also feel it treats you as a adult, capable of making your own choices, and doesn't demonise any real foods. No, we can't have sweets and wine and cheese right now, but they aren't described as "naughty" or "treats" or "evil" - just something we will can come back to if we chose once we done the job in hand.

welcome laura, i've found dukan to be the easiest diet i've ever tried. you do have to stick to the rules, but if you do the weight will just melt off!

Hi Laura,
I'm enjoying the strictness of this too.I've just finished 5 days of attack and could easily do a couple more! Good luck
Karen x

Hi and welcome from a fellow Laura!

We are very similar it would seem - I did WW 7 1/2 years ago (the only diet round here that can be done with a group) lost well, didn't stabilise, put the weight back on (did it after having kids though). Tried again half-heartedly (after having another baby!), didn't work then found Dukan a good few years later.

Dukan has changed my mindset as well as getting rid of the excess weight. It's a great plan (you may find lots of people in RL won't agree though - I've had raised eyebrows among some friends and I'm in France when the diet originated - anyway, don't let them put you off).

Good luck!

Back