Preparing to eat out with friends tomorrow..

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by Victoria_30, 6 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Victoria_30

Victoria_30 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.5lb(0.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Everyone,

The OH and I have a meal arranged for tomorrow night with friends and I really want to be as prepared as I can so... I've checked thier menu on line today and the safest thing I can find to eat is Salmon (menu says in black bean sauce). I've called the restaurant and they have said they can steam it, put the sauce on the side and steam me some vegetables to go with it. I think this is a pretty safe option however I've looked on syns online and blue dragon black bean sauce is 9 syns for 200ml. Do you think I could have a little of this or would it be made a lot differently in a restaurant? to be a pain but I'm not very good with chinese as it's not my food of choice. I've attached the menu incase you ladies have a better suggestion?

Thanks as always!

http://mrmans.com/media/uploads/5_menu.pdf

PS: Sorry if I'm making anyone salavate! lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CAPRICORN

CAPRICORN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi there

I have just looked in the handbook and
    beef/chicken in black bean sauce is showing as 5syns on red for a 360g takeaway portion and I bet it will be closer to the restaurant version than the blue dragon version!, so I think that you will be fine to have some with your salmon -which sounds lovely by the way :D
    Hope you enjoy it

4. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good for you for taking the initiative and asking the restaurant for what you want!

5. Victoria_30

Victoria_30 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.5lb(0.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks! I think I will have a little black bean sauce with it, I reckon if I allow 5 syns that should be ok? I'm only going to literally wet my salmon with it. As far as calling the restaurant, they did get slightly annoyed when I asked them if I could steam this and steam that etc but hey, I'm paying for it so why not!

6. emmabi

emmabi likes to eat!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think it is totally fantastic that you have phoned the place and asked all the questions first.

I am also doing original (started on Extra Easy), but we are going out for a meal tomorrow night to the local indian for my hubby's birthday, so I am going to do an EE day, so I can have my lamb roghan josh - 6 syns and some rice.

Due to having a little one we don;t get to go out very often so I plan on enjoying it.

Have a fabulous night, you are doing so well!!! ;)

Emma xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.