Prescribed Medications

Wobbley Woo

Life Is A Constant Diet.
Hey all, am a little concerned, some of my prescribed meds have laculose and sucrose.
I can't stop taking them as there important meds.
Will this be ok ?

Hi

You need to pop and check this over with your GP as he/she should be your advice over this as they may want to monitor these medications regardless.

Thanks

M.

i am on several medications but the pharmacist still ok'ed (spelling?) me to go on lt. lost 1 stone 2lbs in 2 weeks. check with either pharmacist or doctor.

I did tell him I was on pills but he didnt seem bothered, altho it's not the pharmacist you see its just the young lad who works there
I will go see the doc or nurse and see what they say, thanks everyone

Hi Collette,

Just to reassure you... I have to take medications every evening that have sugars in them also. It has not affected my losses.

However, as Icemoose quite correctly points out, you really do need to discuss this with your doctor to ensure that whatever condition you have is properly monitored while on LT.

I consulted with my GP before starting and got the OK from her first. Since then I've been doing great. So get it checked out asap so that you can relax about it:)

Best of luck,

Fi
x

Hello my Turkey lover Col, great to see you here.

I take meds for my heart and when I filled out the questionniare in the beginning of lipotrim, they had to double check I was ok. Best to get it double checked, but even though you didnt have the Pharmacist, just the young lad, I am sure he would have checked the meds you are on, but best just to double check.

All the best on lipotrim Col, its simply the best hun xxx

Hi to Rosie xxx

He didn't even ask me what meds I was on :eek: should he of ?

I will double check it with the GP now to be sure, and might change pharmacy as there is another one not too far away that does it also

Mary Rosie says miooowwwwwwwww hehe

Thanks for all the info folks :)

He didn't even ask me what meds I was on :eek: should he of ?
Yes!! I'm on meds for an underactive thryoid and it comes up on screen straight away when my pharmacist logs in so he's aware of it each weigh-in. They need to know what meds and what conditions you have as they could affect the effectiveness of the diet?

He didn't have a screen ? Just wrote me a file out, I am going the docs at 3pm to talk to them about it, see what they say. Something is being affected though as I am hyper and bouncing with energy lol

LOL!

My pharmacist has a consulting room and he inputs the wi's each week. It calculates your bmi, total losses etc. It's pretty cool to see. He writes my WI's on a wee card for me to take, though LT said I should be getting print-outs each week? Not bothered about that though! As long as my card keeps noting my weight going down, I don't need print-outs!LOL!

Hope I get a little card, I will demand one tomorrow hehe

As long as I loose weight each week I shall be happy, was going to change chemists, but the other one might be more fussy and say no I can't go on it.

Bit worrying that your initial consultation wasn't with a pharmacist and you weren't asked to complete a questionnaire or anything (which would capture any medical conditions, prescriptions). Definitely ask for the pharmacist the next time you go in :)

I don't get a print out, and it's all done on paper file at the time of weighing, so that's fine with me i know they are keeping accurate records - and marked in my little card which is almost full now!

I filled the questionaire in and said I was on meds, but he didn't ask what meds etc, I also said I have an operation coming up for gall stones, but he didn't seem too concerned. :confused:

Saw my GP today, he said all my meds would be ok and not affected, and wished me luck with the diet :)

Hi Colette,
Glad you got it sorted, at least your mind is at rest now. It's good to have your doctor on board. Best of luck with the coming week.
Doirin

Glad your meds and LT are compatible. That must be a relief.

At my first weigh in, the chemist asked what tablets I was on and actually phoned LT there and then to check that I could start. Those couple of minutes were terrifying. I don't know what I would have done if they had said no.

Yes he was quite supportive of it, Tis first WI tomoz so will be asking for the little weight card :D

glad you have seen the GP and checked it all out. at my chemist there is a consulting room where i am weighed. the details are on the computer. i dont get a print out but they write it on a small card. i really like it - how sad is that? good luck with the programme

Ah thats brilliant. My GP doesn't agree with VLCD at ALL, so it's good to have medical support.
Good luck!

Back