Preshnits Diary

preshnit

Hello All

I thought I would first introuduce myself. I am a 29 year old mum of 2 small and gorgeous girls. I have always loved clothes, fashion and make up but lately that excitment has gone. I don't recognise myself when I look in the mirror, and who ever it is looking back at me certainly doesn't marry up with the 'me' on the inside.

So after many many diets (probably every one) I have decided to suck it up, and pay the money and join LL. My husband is 100% supportive with whatever I choose, so here goes!

My main goal is to go to his christmas party without feeling a complete bloater. I know people probably don't care but can you imagine if someone said 'Oh his wife's fat!' SHUDDER! Anyway, Its 6 months away and I WONT BE!

I am currently in a size 18 - and I am aiming for a 10. In other diets Ive always settled at a big 14 as I feel 'ok' at that, but not this time. I'm going for it. So I want to shift about 4.5 stone.

I am on Day 9 but have written in my LL book some of my feelings.

Day 1

YUK. Everything tastes gross. My head is in the right place but I wish my first shake had been nice. I was imagining it like slimfast. A lady at meeting last night said to mix with loads of water and ice to get lots of liquids n, but it was still awful.

Anyway 1 day down, a zillion to go ;-)

Day 3

Went for a Pop In today and swapped a couple of pack, and grabbed a fruits of the forest mix. I have a dull headache today which im hoping is my carb and sugar crash. Its not awful, just fuzzy and Dull.

Day 5

Family have been visiting and I have been for 3 pub lunches so far. I've only been on the diet 5 days! But no problem, I had a fizzy water and felt so proud for being strong afterwards.
IN THE ZONE!

Day 7

WI Tonight. Feeling positive. Havent allowed myself to step on the scales, am going to stick to the one WI a week. Im really excited. I havent drank enough today though - slapped wrists!

WI - 8LBS!!!! WOOOHOOO!!

Day 9

Ok the shakes. I dont LOVE them so I have started mixing with 200ml as per packet. I am enjoying them more this way. They are thick and actually, dare say it, quite enjoyable.

I cant get on with any of the 'food' type packs so my diet this week is shakes (but not vanilla, yuck) and porridge. I LOVE the Porridge, It seems homely and warm in my tummy. I tried the cranberry bar last night and wasn't so keen. But the Nut one is NICE!!

I am feeling 100% determined still, walking loads and loads and completely excited to be slimmer.

I went to the shops this morning and got 8 little bangles, I am going to transfer one to the other wrist every time I have a glass of water as I know my fluid intake isnt enough. I like it too, every time I look at them I remember the journey I am embarking on and it feels good.

My husband high fives me as we go to bed everynight for completing another day (what a rockstar) and I feel so good mentally that I am doing this to make me happier and healthier.

What a brilliant start you have had, I think my taste buds have changed since starting. I now stick mainly to Shepherds pie and Chilli so long as I am near a microwave, so that's once a day. Shake for breakfast and last thing, with a bar a 4pm. I have not told anyone at work what I am doing so take the food pack and bar in unwrapped. Shakes I mix in my Kenwood smoothie maker with ice and water, comes out like a mcdonalds!:D Some of the soups are nice too, the mushroom is nice and thick.

What a lovely idea about the bangles, think I might do the same!! I use the water flavourings too, as I'm not a water lover.

And, what a brilliant husband you have, it's great to have the support.:D

I'm a size 18 at the moment and dare I say have set a target of size 10, after reading lots of diaries on here, it seems really achievable.

Keep posting and good luck with your journey.
Jx

Wow, I absolutely love the bangle idea - that is pure genius! You sound as though you're doing really well and you definitely have that infectious positivity that I had at the beginning of my weightloss. Before you know if you'll be able to look in that mirror and smile at your reflection. xxxx

Hi what a good start for you,keep it up,will be so worth it!
Sexy xx

Hey lovely, enjoyed reading your updates it brilliant you have the support of your hubby! As for the bangles I love the idea but is 8 glasses enough water I drink in litres I find it easier, so I have a 1 litre bottle I refill when empty 4 times a day, in between my packs and with water flavouring. I couldn't drink plain water!

Well done on the loss so far, you sound like you ate defo in the zone, you can be any size you want hunny, I started at a size 18 and I'm now a 12 and loving it! A 10 would be nice but I couldn't maintain that as I don't like exercise lol well except riding Chester my lovely horse. Xx

Thanks all.

Day 12 Here - all good in the hood.

Went to my sisters at the weekend and everyone tucked in to yummy food, and I enjoyed my shakes. Its tough I won't lie, but the feeling afterwards is great. Its the smell of food, we went to the coast yesterday and the rest of the fam had fish and chips sitting on the sand. I was so proud of myself on the drive home.

I know I should have more water but I struggle with 8 glasses, I have never been a big drinker. If I force myself it feels like im drowning (how dramatic)

Loving green tea though, and love the feeling of something warm in my tummy.

I am going to try and do 5 glasses of that a day to keep myself more regular. I have been twice so far in 12 days so need to address is.

Also *shameful* is anyone else quite windy?

Have you tried the water flavourings? They help me down 4 litres a day! As for the wind, over the months it comes and goes not sure why that happens with me! Xx

I use the flavourings as well, and drink sparkling water which sometimes is loud! But it tastes better, also I reuse a 750ml water bottle, I try and drink 2 between packs from first thing then when I get home from work, slow it down or in the loo all night weeing!
Have ypu tried the boullion? Its warm too and fills you up.
As for nor going to the loo, its on here regularly, most of us go through it, tyr senakot ir dulcoese, not the same time, and see which works best for you. The amount of water you take in has a direct effect that end too as you are not takjng in much bulk. Don't leave it too long or you could end up in pain.
Good luck with your journey
Jx

Day 14 - WI in tonight. Eeeeek excited. Very excited.

Have all of a sudden got a bit of a thirst which is great. So im drinking lots of water.

Secretly praying for 6 tonight to make it a stone but know thats a little greedy, and after 8 last week will be happy with 2 or more.

I am going to Ascot this weekend and the group we are going with have ordered a huge posh hamper. Im feeling ok about that actually. I have LOTS of events coming up in the next 3 months (we are going on a cruise at the end of august, oh my goodness the food the food) and I plan to stick to it 100% at all times.

For me its the only way, im like a pringle. When I pop I can't stop, if i eat a bite, thats it the diet will be over. So often on diets before i have allowed myself one night off and the diet is over, I can never get it back. So this time no matter what the event or occassion, I'm staying on LLT 100%!
x

Last edited:
Great attitude, hope you have a good loss xx

Thanks guys. 4.5 last night so 12.5 in 2 weeks. I'm pretty chuffed with that.

I chose all choc shakes this week and bars.

Im such a choc-o-holic, enjoy them the most so thought why not. I can tolderate mixing them with lots of water too so its another way to get fluid. My pee stick was very dark again last night so I HAVE to increase the water this week.

Well done on your loss, you are doing so well hun xxx

Day 15 today. I have been SUPER busy. Off to ascot tomorrow and the inlaws are coming to look after the girls so as well as shopping and looking after a 2yr old, dealing with work emails and the school run I have also had a MASSIVE spring clean. I didn't have a scrap of water or anything til 12.20! Naughty I know. I mixed up a huge choc shake with 2 sachets and carried on. I have just finished so will sit down and eat soon. My water has been dire today, really dire. I'm so crap at drinking.

Anyway, looking forward to a day out with my hubs tomorrow (sans children, I adore them but very very rarely do we have a day off) Its my besties 30th so it should be a great day. They all have a posh hamper and lots of champagne but I'll be fine with my mineral sparkling.

I almost wish it was 2 months down the line though so I didn't feel such a fatty in my outift. Nevermind, all in good time

x

Day 21 Here.

I survived Ascot - strangely it was easy. There was so much picnic left over that I picked up trays and was passing it around the group. I have become a bit of a food 'pusher' on the diet.
Afterwards we went to Hestons pub close by for dinner. I ordered a side of chips (just said to the waiter I didnt have an appetite) and shared them around. The food looked AMAZING, but I sat with my tap water (so glam) and still had a brilliant evening.

WI tonight - excited!!!

Back