1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Price of 12 weeks countdown and offer?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by alexisemma31, 1 January 2011 Social URL.

1. alexisemma31

alexisemma31 Well-Known Member

I read on the SW website that if you buy a 12 week countdown, you don't have to pay the membership fee.

Does anyone know how much a 12 week countdown is?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Christiana

Christiana Mens sana in corpore sano

I think it's the equivalent of ten weeks (£49.50) and you get two weeks free. I'm not 100% sure though.

4. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Well-Known Member

Christiana is right. Six week countdowns are the equivalent of paying for five weeks with one free (£24.75) and twelve weeks are the equivalent of paying for ten (£49.50).

5. ColJack

ColJack Well-Known Member

or try your GP and see if you can get a set on the NHS... :)
    I'm on my second set... :)

6. Divster

Divster Banned

The thing is, if you re-join, you will lose your history though :(

7. Lucia Lucia

Lucia Lucia Well-Known Member

Yes, me and Hubby went to the GP on NYEve about losing weight and we were amazed when she offered us SW vouchers for 12 weeks each and told us if we lost weight we would be entitled to a second set. She gave us the vouchers there and then. We couldnt believe it.

The only embarassing thing was the surgery scales wouldn't take my weight!!!

Wondering if the slimming world one will now?

Lucia

8. ColJack

they should do, they go up to 40 something stone..
    I went round the doctors scales too and he wrote me down as 26 stone ( 24 on the scales plus the 2 it stopped at )..
    he was way off and I told him so but he still wrote it down..
    I was 33st when I got on the SW scales..
    when I went for some more vouchers they said I'd gained weight as I was 29st something then, so despite losing about 3.5st, according to the doctors notes I'd gained 3... :(

make sure you get the right weight entered in your doctors records or it will cause problems when you re-apply for a second set.

9. Divster

Divster Banned

Coljack, cant you use your sw book as proof of weight?

10. ColJack

I did and it all got sorted but it was a lot of hassle and meant I had to pay for 2 weeks while it was sorted

11. Yvonne.

Yvonne. Member

No but know the Bella out on Tuesday but dated the 11th has free membership vouchers
    Hope that helps

12. Lucia Lucia

Lucia Lucia Well-Known Member

Thanks very much for that tip ColJack will make an appt once weighed so can take the book in to get it updated.

Great weightloss too btw!

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Well-Known Member

Is this the issue that's out on Jan 4th?

14. Yvonne.

Yvonne. Member

Yes, dated the 11th. Free joining and £4.95 a meeting. Bella cost is 87p

15. eilidhsmummy

eilidhsmummy Well-Known Member

My doctors don't do referal, so unfair!

16. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Is there a certain weight you have to be to get the vouchers? I know not all drs do them. I've 3.5 stone to lose.