Probably not the only one

mindless

Hair today - gone tomorra
Just got back from Xmas shopping for 4 ,oh so long, hours - that modern day torture and certain things happened that just sparked in me the need for a rant (get things off my chest so to speak) as to just why I am so pi**ed off with myself and what I want to achieve – my motivators

So at the risk of boring you all, here’s a starter
  1. Fat does not mean lazy and does not mean thick. I may be fat, but I ain’t lazy (work blinkin hard) and I most certainly ain’t thick Mr acne ridden slimy shop assistant smirking with your condesending look, just because I was trying to get a 3XL Jacket to fasten!.
  2. What is it with those STUPID TABLES WITH FIXED CHAIRS in cafes!!!. When I squeeze myself in, I am halfway to the otherside of the table.
  3. I just want to be able to buy something, anything off the shelf in Burtons. Not socks, ties or underpants that try to emasculate me because I WILL FIT INTO XXL. I mean trousers, shirts, jumpers and the like. Don’t care what the label is – just off the shelf
  4. I want to be able to walk BETWEEN cars in a carpark and not around the roadway because I can’t get down between cars
  5. I want to be able to walk down shopping aisles without knocking things off the rails BOTH SIDES
  6. I want to be able to stand up for 4 hours without my back killing me (much respect to ladies who have carried children for 9 months – truly a labour of love) and I hate my feet feeling as if Gordon Ramsey (afer a really crappy day) has beat them all over with a meat tenderiser
  7. I want to be able to sit on an aeroplane without worrying if the seat belt will fit
  8. And as for flying, I will scream with joy, when I can pull down that STUPID small table and put my bottle of water on a horizontal surface (note: no alcohol or food was harmed in the making of this point)
  9. I do so want to be able to play a round of Golf without feeling as if death would be a pleasurable release (see Point 6 for feet issue)
  10. I want to be able to go on all the rides at Alton Towers. I don’t give a hoot that my kids are grown up – I want to go whiteknuckle for my sake and not get turfed off with all watching ‘cos they can’t do up the safety harness. Besides there will be grand kids to take out for the day………………………………….eventually
  11. I want to go topless at the beach (steady ladies) and not have to cover up with some non-descript tent of a t-shirt that is stuck to my torso because anything over 15centigrade is just so goddamn hot and makes me sweat like the proverbial
  12. I want to go white water river rafting down the colorado river
  13. I want to go on a canoe safari down the zambezi and watch a bull elephant on the river bank from a canoe 20metres away
  14. I want to go on a tiger safari (before they are all dead) on elephant back
  15. I want to go horse riding like I did as a kid without fear of breaking the poor horses back
  16. I want to make my mantra
    ‘the pain of staying the same is far greater than making the change’
    work for me for once
  17. I want to feel able to go dating again. After 23 years ‘off the market’ the last thing I need is body image issues denting what will already be a fragile damaged confidence
  18. I want to be healthy enough to undergo surgery. Whilst I may want to lose all this weight – there are bits of me that I would like to be bigger (it’s a confidence thing – honest).
  19. I want to be able to look into the mirror and like the person looking back out at me
  20. And last, but by no means least, I want to LIVE and ENJOY life and not just be a passenger through my life.
Anyhow, I better stop before I start blubbering like a big girls blouse (yep, men cry and its not a pretty sight) but at least I’ve put a few markers down.

I am sure we all have these ‘motivators’ and they are probably spread across the hundreds of threads here – but if anyone whats to add some to this thread, please use it as an offloading experience

Cheers and thanks for reading to the end

A much un-burdened Mindless

Oh honey!! I read this and just wanted to reach through the screen and give you a HUGE HUG!!!!!! Related to so many of these (although you are a tad more adventurous than I am :eek: ) xx

Nothing to add except to say how wonderful you WILL feel WHEN you get there!

Take some before photos - and then we look forward to seeing the next lot. Take a look at Melissas thread and photos.

What diet are you doing???

Oh honey!! I read this and just wanted to reach through the screen and give you a HUGE HUG!!!!!! Related to so many of these (although you are a tad more adventurous than I am :eek: ) xx

More adventurous than you D_Q???!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) I've been reading Jasons thread!!!! ;) ;) ;) :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hiya Mindless,
thats a great list you've got there - remember this thread, in such a short time you'll be able to mark soooo many of them off :D Maybe not the grandkids but loads and loads of others...

Hope you manage to get a rest after all that shopping :p

hey Mindless,
Great list and can identify with some of those things! Please don't be pi**ed off with yourself though, it won't help. You are just someone doing their best and using coping strategies that felt like a good idea at the time. We all do that. Now you want a different way forward and you will get there !
Hugs
Melissa

Hey Mindless............just wanted to tell you you will get there quicker then you think. Even after four weeks and now 6.5 weeks my life has changed alot.
Cyber hugs ! Hope your rant left you vented and refreshed.

Bettyboo

yes great list of to do thing whis i could even think of half i wanted to do x

Hi flirty,

I start LL in the New Year - my counsellor didn't want to face trying to get blokes together whilst a 'drinkin and an eatin' season was on.

Who can blame her!

However, I have 'done' Slimmers world, GI Diet, Atkins et al with typical yo, bloody yo effect as I never got sorted the most obstinate muscle in my body - the mushy grey bit between the ears!

Well good luck on LL, I started on LL - it's a brilliant diet - read Mike's blog as he started on LL too. MyCambridgeLife

Any questions/queries etc don't forget you can ask - and someone will always try to help.

Ps don't forget the before photos!

Thank you all for your e-hugs

I look forwards to the journey and 'flirty' - I'll try not to forget the before photos - although they may prove hard to take if you have a sensitive stomach

By the way, were is Jasons thread? not so many other guys in here - I had already looked at Mikes blog as part of my 'research'

Hi flirty,

However, I have 'done' Slimmers world, GI Diet, Atkins et al with typical yo, bloody yo effect as I never got sorted the most obstinate muscle in my body - the mushy grey bit between the ears!

How true is this? ... Was talking with a colleague today and was trying to explain that although everyone around me is commenting on the physical changes (which is lovely and thank goodness they do) ... what they don't see are the changes that are going on inside my head - and those that are physical but which can't be seen such as my blood-pressure coming down 15 points in the past four weeks!
I wish you every sucess come January - It's a great diet - it has it's ups and downs but there's no disputing that it works ... and fast!

By the way, were is Jasons thread? not so many other guys in here - I had already looked at Mikes blog as part of my 'research'

Jason is being a tart in his 'I need a rub down' thread!! ;) Make the most of being a bloke on here and yes, we definitely wanna see photos! :D

Oh how I identify with most of those points mindless ... I was starting to feel like Arnie in 'Terminator' when walking through a car park: I became an expert at 'scanning' my route avoiding all cars that were parked next to each other in the same direction because I knew I'd never be able to squeeze between the wing mirrors!

Being a bloke, your losses will be jaw droppingly awesome and all us ladies will be green with envy: I strongly advise the 'before' shots though - they really keep you going when things get tough (If I ever harbour any ideas of giving up permanently, I take one look at my 'before' pictures, shudder and mix up a shake!!)

I'm embarking upon a restart on Jan 8th to complete my journey: meanwhile, whilst on my planned Crimbo break, I plan to totally poison myself with mince pies and quality street before restoring my halo in the New Year :)

Good luck with your journey - stick with us and we'll all 'walk the walk' together!

wow Russian Doll,

If I could be as successful as you then I would be the happiest guy on earth. You must be so proud of what you did at the same time as getting to Uni - you leave those young guys alone, they won't know what hit them !

Jason is being a tart in his 'I need a rub down' thread!! ;) Make the most of being a bloke on here and yes, we definitely wanna see photos! :D
okay D_Q,

I'll see what I can do about the photos - but pray tell - whats wrong with being a tart with all you ladies around?

Hi Mindless, great thread, here is my list; reasons to SS on CD in the new year and get to goal;

-Wear a bikini in the summer without feeling like a beached whale and wondering if everyone is looking and laughing;

-Wear shorts down to school to pick the kids up without my legs looking like tree trunks;

-Walk confidently across that playground, knowing that people will be wondering how i lost the weight;

-To be a yummy mummy, wear trendier clothes instead of having to shop in Evans or Anne Harvey;

-To get rid of my muffin top and bingo wings!

-Lower my risk of diabetes, arthritis, heart disease etc. I work with diabetics and the elderly, so i see the results;

-Perhaps train to be a cdc, earn a bit from it, help others to loose weight, and have cd available to help keep me at goal;

-Keep loosing until i have a buffer zone, to stop me becoming obese again;

-Boost my confidence, be more attractive, feel good!

-Find Mr Right one day??

-Be thinner than an ex friend who had a problem with me loosing weight!!!:mad:

Now it's there in black and white, i have no excuses!!

Cheers,

Bex

Hi Mindless, great thread, here is my list; reasons to SS on CD in the new year and get to goal;

-Wear a bikini in the summer without feeling like a beached whale and wondering if everyone is looking and laughing;

-Wear shorts down to school to pick the kids up without my legs looking like tree trunks;

-Walk confidently across that playground, knowing that people will be wondering how i lost the weight;

-To be a yummy mummy, wear trendier clothes instead of having to shop in Evans or Anne Harvey;

-To get rid of my muffin top and bingo wings!

-Lower my risk of diabetes, arthritis, heart disease etc. I work with diabetics and the elderly, so i see the results;

-Perhaps train to be a cdc, earn a bit from it, help others to loose weight, and have cd available to help keep me at goal;

-Keep loosing until i have a buffer zone, to stop me becoming obese again;

-Boost my confidence, be more attractive, feel good!

-Find Mr Right one day??

-Be thinner than an ex friend who had a problem with me loosing weight!!!:mad:

Now it's there in black and white, i have no excuses!!

Cheers,

Bex
hay wannabemineme,

what the heck are muffin tops and bingo wings?

By the way, your reasons are much more sensible than mine so power to you - I mean, only 33lbs to go - by end of feb you will be there and more - stunning!

another thing, I am real curious - what does 'card toss champion' on your profile panel (I'll get to flying and Hexxagon later)

Back